DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help with occasional video Jello

horsepowerphoto

Reactions
Hey folks,

Still getting used to my Mavic 2 Pro after upgrading from a Phantom 4. The cameras are very different in them. I am having an issue where I am getting jello occasionally in my video... Especially when I fly sideways it seems. I have checked the gimbal mounts, and they seem to be undamaged and functioning as it should.. Look at the video below, and let me know if you have any suggestions I could try.

Thanks in advance!

What frame rate and shutter speed were you using?

The image on the sensor is read out line by line and movement between successive frames can produce this effect. A moving aircraft propeller shows the effect at its worse on rolling shutter sensors.

Reactions: Felix le Chat
vlcsnap-2024-09-15-22h27m35s574.png
These were just automatic settings... Only things I had manual were the focus and EV lock at +0.3

What I saw was very slight and if you didn't have all of those square windows on the side that reveal it, it may not have been that noticeable. Other than that, it could've been flying sideways and the wind hitting the gimbal at just the right angle but that is only a guess.

What I saw was very slight and if you didn't have all of those square windows on the side that reveal it, it may not have been that noticeable. Other than that, it could've been flying sideways and the wind hitting the gimbal at just the right angle but that is only a guess.
Yeah, I know right? The squares really make it noticeable... There was very light winds that day, so I am not sure... As I said, it only happens once in a while, and I am usually flying sideways when it happens.

Reactions: MavicAir2Marc
I just see now that increasing shutter should help... I will give that a whirl next time out... Thanks for the tip!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rudyr