DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help with Return to Me

Mavic-Max

Reactions
Hi. When using my Mavic Air in tracking mode I want to set RTH to return to me and not the take off point. I keep getting this error all the time. Any one else had this issue.
6718f279a456cd80263bc4fb23f8caf8.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2506.JPG
    IMG_2506.JPG
    397.7 KB · Views: 22
This is a common issue with iPhones. Here are some things you can try:

1) Stand outside in an open area to ensure your phone is able to get the best GPS fix
2) Use a different mobile device (something other than an iPhone)
3) Attach an external GPS receiver to your mobile device (like the Garmin GLO or one of these)

When using my Mavic Air in tracking mode I want to set RTH to return to me and not the take off point
This features only sets the home point to the mobile device's current location each time that icon is tapped in DJI GO. It sounds like you're looking for the Dynamic Homepoint feature (see the screenshot below). That's not available on the Mavic Air.

Hi. I’m not looking for a Dynamic Homepoint. Before I take off in track me mode I click the person symbol as opposed to the arrow/drone symbol. I thought the person symbol meant that the drone would return to the controller and not the take off point.

I thought the person symbol meant that the drone would return to the controller and not the take off point
Tapping that icon will reset the home point to the mobile device's current location. If you move away from the point, you'll need to reset the home point again.

Reactions: Simmo
Hi. I’m not looking for a Dynamic Homepoint. Before I take off in track me mode I click the person symbol as opposed to the arrow/drone symbol. I thought the person symbol meant that the drone would return to the controller and not the take off point.
That is totally correct. However the only way that the MA can figure out the location of the controller is to get GPS coordinates from you. The RC itself does not have GPS so it must rely on the GPS in your mobile device to get coordinates.

That is totally correct. However the only way that the MA can figure out the location of the controller is to get GPS coordinates from you. The RC itself does not have GPS so it must rely on the GPS in your mobile device to get coordinates.
It might be correct, but I'm not entirely sure since it's not clear what the OP wants to do.

To clarify -- the Mavic Air is not able to return to the mobile device's location. It's only able to return to the current home point. The Home Point Settings in post #1 above do nothing but allow that home point to be manually updated each time either icon is tapped.

Thanks for clarification. I wrongly understood that the icon with the person meant that the drone would return to the operator. I’ve been filming myself while driving along country lanes. When the battery gets low it returns home so I have to cancel it and land it next to me. I’ll turn off RTH and set it to hover if that’s my only option.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slitsling69