DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help with some settings

Davidwh

Reactions
I have been trawling through the many video's that have been done regarding the Mavic Pro. However, I am having difficulty understanding one or two of the settings (they seemed to have changed with updates as some video's describe options that I cannot find, and are listed below.

In the MC settings.
Sensitivity attitude 100 brake 100 yaw endpoint 50 (cannot reduce brake & yaw endpoint like some video's suggest. What do these settings do?)
EXP throttle up 0.25 (speed of ascent correct?)
rudder right 0.20 (slows panning from side to side for smoother rotation correct?)
forward/right 0.25 (not sure?)

I would like to turn down the sensitivity of the up/down movement of the gimbal and in the Gimbal settings I believe it could be the gimbal start/stop buffer setting (which I have set around 20. Also in the gimbal settings the gimbal pitch speed will also alter this.

many thanks in advance for and help/comments

My understanding is that the start/stop buffer is like an ease in/ease out setting. You can set this so that it doesn't start or stop in sudden, abrupt movements. The gimbal pitch speed is of course how fast the tilting movement itself occurs.

The easiest way to test these setting differences is to change them each only one at a time, and then push the 5-D toggle button towards the up position. I think that's the button position that is set by default to alternatively move the gimbal forward and/or down.

I'm a little conflicted with these settings myself, because I think it's pretty cool to get that very quick movement straight down and then straight forward when filming. It's fast enough at the default settings to appear as a live action cut between two cameras. But in general filming, for smoother and more cinematic control I have slowed down both the pitch and start/stop settings so they aren't so sudden when tilting the gimbal.

To add one more speed control to these gimbal settings, I should have mentioned it also works in conjunction with how quickly you turn the gimbal tilt scroll wheel on the r/c controller itself. Easing into the rotation very slowly is like a manual start/stop setting, and how quickly you actually turn that control wheel is like a manual version of the gimbal pitch speed setting.

So the app settings and the physical manner in which you turn the gimbal pitch dial with your finger will both work together to affect the actual movement and speed of the gimbal. If your start/stop setting is set lower, for example, then it will be easier to start turning the wheel slowly with your finger. You can still begin the movement slowly, but if that setting is higher in the app then it will take less input on the control wheel to start and stop quickly. Same with the speed of the tilt itself.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25