DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help with starting Mavic for Agriculture

barbiezoani

Reactions
Hello Everyone. This is my first post in this community and I am totally new to the drone world. I have cero experience with using drones.
I currently need a drone to use for agriculture (a farm that has 3000 hectares). I would like to control the drone from my house (which is not in the farm). I live in Argentina, while the farm is in Uruguay. I only need the drone to see what is happening in the farm.
I was looking at the DJI Mavic 3 for this purpose, but I actually have no idea which drone is best for this purpose. I would like suggestions on which drone to get.
Also, I wanted to know which software is best to use with the drone. How can I program it to do the tasks I want it to do? Is there any online course that would be useful to take, or is that not necessary? I also have some programming experience so that might help.
I would very much appreciate any help. (Also, english is not my first language, so I apologize for any mistakes).
Thank you very much.

That's a tough problem to solve with any consumer drone.
If possible by Uruguay Airspace regulations, then it will be a VERY expensive BVLOS remote piloting type of operation from around 1200 + km away.

Look at it like an ops room for military drones where they can do this sort of thing from across the globe.
Even operations like Google Alphabet would find this hard to do in another country.

The Zipline type system in Africa, maybe ??
I think a winged drone might be best, you'd need a person in Uruguay to assist with ops like setup, after flight, charging etc . . . why not train someone at the farm to fly the drone ? It's not that hard for what you describe, simple aerial viewing.

Someone here might have some more helpful input, not sure as this is beyond consumer drone forum users usual knowledge.
Maybe ask on the CommercialDronePilots forum ??

Good luck with the project.

Hello Everyone. This is my first post in this community and I am totally new to the drone world. I have cero experience with using drones.
I currently need a drone to use for agriculture (a farm that has 3000 hectares). I would like to control the drone from my house (which is not in the farm). I live in Argentina, while the farm is in Uruguay. I only need the drone to see what is happening in the farm.
I was looking at the DJI Mavic 3 for this purpose, but I actually have no idea which drone is best for this purpose. I would like suggestions on which drone to get.
Also, I wanted to know which software is best to use with the drone. How can I program it to do the tasks I want it to do? Is there any online course that would be useful to take, or is that not necessary? I also have some programming experience so that might help.
I would very much appreciate any help. (Also, english is not my first language, so I apologize for any mistakes).
Thank you very much.

How far is it from your location to the farm?

I use a mavic pro with litchi on the ranch it does very well and a great drone to learn on old but good and cheap compared to a 3

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost