DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help with video ideas

rydsteds

Reactions
Hello all of you,

I have gotten the opportunity to to a collaboration with a handstand artist, we are located in Budapest.

Before I have only shot like nature and far distance shots but now I will have to be a bit creative I guess. Do u have any ideas that pop up in ur mind when u hear about this?
I am thinking a classic sweeping from side to side or a revealing shot from the front could be nice but it would be nice to do something extra.

Please let me know if you got any ideas :D

All the best
Simon

So just to Clarify your going to be getting shots by drone of some one that is going to be doing Hand Stands .

My firs shot would be a landing from 400 ft down in front of him so when you landed we would we see his face struggling to maintain the hand stands.

My Second shot would be to try to balance the drone on his feet so you can take off from them , require perfect balance but would make everyone look like a rock star.. 🤪

Thats all i got but you will need a third camera to record the Drone taking off from his feet. But what an amazing shot that would be ,.

Yes its dangerous but not as Dangerous as doing hand stands near the Cliffs or edge of the buildings < Just saying.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water and take off from a hand stand.

Haha. The feet thing could be a cool thing to try actually.
I don’t know if I am sold on the first one, it seem like it could be quite boring, maybe the last bit could be quite cool though!

If I had a smaller FPV (and more skill) a circular motion at close distance while he is rotating could’ve been really nice I think 😅

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
This is where a photographer/videographer has to be spontaneous and let the subject and action dictate how to approach the subject photographically. I think what you have to determine is what specifically you want to illustrate. It's not enough to just say "I want to photograph a handstand artist". You need to know what it is that make that special and focus on that aspect. Secondly, think about unusual perspectives while illustrating the main points. If you need to get close, perhaps a drone isn't the answer, for safety and other reasons, so you may want to have another camera that produces similar images and maybe, if shooting video, shoot a still camera from a tripod while you manipulate your drone so you have two views to combine in post. Also a still camera that has sound might come in useful, having a sound track for one reason or another. The specific shots are up to you. Of course it will be helpful if you are able to get the shots into your phone/tablet/device's cache so you can do a quick preview before wrapping up.

Good luck

This is where a photographer/videographer has to be spontaneous and let the subject and action dictate how to approach the subject photographically. I think what you have to determine is what specifically you want to illustrate. It's not enough to just say "I want to photograph a handstand artist". You need to know what it is that make that special and focus on that aspect. Secondly, think about unusual perspectives while illustrating the main points. If you need to get close, perhaps a drone isn't the answer, for safety and other reasons, so you may want to have another camera that produces similar images and maybe, if shooting video, shoot a still camera from a tripod while you manipulate your drone so you have two views to combine in post. Also a still camera that has sound might come in useful, having a sound track for one reason or another. The specific shots are up to you. Of course it will be helpful if you are able to get the shots into your phone/tablet/device's cache so you can do a quick preview before wrapping up.

Good luck
Thank you! This was some useful advise. I will see what we can come up with!

All the best
Simon

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian