DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

help with viewing vids/photos

DJJ95

Reactions
Good day my fellow pilots.... listen first and foremost Im geek/nerd challenged when it comes to this topic, i have read and still at odds on what to do with viewing footage on the big screen TV from the micro sd, i scoured the topics but failed to find anything that makes sense to me. I am a semi new DJI Mavic Mini pilot and I have the IPHONE 11 and TCL smart tvs and ChromeBook /and IPAD Air i use for monitor while flying. I have tried inserting the usb reader into the tv, no go, couple questions here.

First how do i share footage to the big screen to view by family/friends no editing at this point?Also I would like to get an additional monitor for editing as time progresses for the workbench and i became a little more knowledge on topic. When i get the monitor what do i need besides monitor to view and edit footage? Right now JUST attempting to the get the footage to the TV has me going insane due to 2 weeks of constant failure and hair pulling. I was going to run out and get a vizio with apple/chrome cast but thought there should be another way besides purchasing a new TV, monitor is no issue and i can justify it for the man cave. Thank you in advance from a balding aging veteran. THANK YOU

1. How do I view footage from SD card to TV. (tv refuses to read SD Card reader)
2. Monitor , what do i need to purchase when i go to purchase a curve monitor for editing? Are these just computer monitors? Again THANK YOU

The easy way : Is just to upload your videos to Youtube
Use the Smart TV to view the You tube Channel and view your Vids on the Large TV

You can also do this if you post your videos on Vimeo : But you will need to use Google on your TV to view them

Pictures : I suggest you upload them also and view them using google internet as well.
I use 500 px as my upload site; This looks best on the Large Screen TV . but there are others.

There are many other methods but this alows me to go to friends houses and instantly show my work,

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and land on the Water.

can you please tell me how to do to Youtube and can you edit them at this point also do you have a private channel on you tube for this so they're not view by millions . Id just like to be able to view, edit them on something besides a tablet. Guess Im stuck at after removing SD card all Ive been able to do is view on laptop. and like to view, Edit on something larger and easier on the ole man eyes. thanks in advance

I'm just spitballing here, not knowing your TV setup. But there are two "easy" ways, but both will need a computer or device containing the video file.

1) Open the file on your computer or device and find whatever method you might have on it to stream to TV. Chromecast or Firestick or Airplay come to mind. But not everyone has that.

2) Connect your computer to the TV HDMI port. Select the proper HDMI input setting in the input settings area on your TV and play.

But you could upload to YouTube and play from there if you have a smart TV that can play back YouTube vids directly.
To upload to YouTube, just go to YouTube.com on your account's home page. Look for the 1626390205211.png symbol in the upper right corner and click on it. Follow the menus and instructions. Put in title and description where it asks. Scroll down and click "not for kids". Click next when asked. To keep it private but accessible at some point you will have3 possible selections; Private, Unlisted, and Pubic. Click "Unlisted". That means that if you share the URL whoever has it can see the video. If you click Private, then you have to invite people for them to see it. I cannot tell you about editing within YouTube but suggest you do that with a stand alone editor.

I hope this helps.

Reactions: dozzn
If your TV is modern, and has a USB port, then you can buy one of these (or something like it). Take the SD card out of the drone, put it in the "usb stick" that you just bought, plug the stick into your TV.

On your TV remote, click Input until you get to your USB stick (may say "media device" or something like that), open the folder, and it should find photos / videos and play them when you click on them.

That's what I do; I love seeing my footage on a 75" 4K TV...it's breathtaking!!

I organize all my videos on a PLEX server on my pc, and stream them with my WiFi network to a PLEX client on the TV.

The easy way : Is just to upload your videos to Youtube
Use the Smart TV to view the You tube Channel and view your Vids on the Large TV

You can also do this if you post your videos on Vimeo : But you will need to use Google on your TV to view them

Pictures : I suggest you upload them also and view them using google internet as well.
I use 500 px as my upload site; This looks best on the Large Screen TV . but there are others.

There are many other methods but this alows me to go to friends houses and instantly show my work,

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and land on the Water.
For APPLE users ( not Apple haters), it is extremely easy. You can send your video and slide shows from the Apple computer to the TV using Air Drop.

For APPLE users ( not Apple haters), it is extremely easy. You can send your video and slide shows from the Apple computer to the TV using Air Drop.
Don't you need an AppleTV box for that? We have iPhones and iPads and have never been able to do air drop to our LG TV.

If your TV is modern, and has a USB port, then you can buy one of these (or something like it). Take the SD card out of the drone, put it in the "usb stick" that you just bought, plug the stick into your TV.

On your TV remote, click Input until you get to your USB stick (may say "media device" or something like that), open the folder, and it should find photos / videos and play them when you click on them.

That's what I do; I love seeing my footage on a 75" 4K TV...it's breathtaking!!
Ive tried the usb reader, a TCL / Roku said"File not recongized" i think... hopefully someone will chime in with help on this one. Not working for me with USb reader ..thanks for the reply

If you save videos in .mov, try saving in .mp4 instead and try it. If you save in .mp4, try .mov instead.

But it probably should have recognized the photos if you save those as .jpg.

Don't you need an AppleTV box for that? We have iPhones and iPads and have never been able to do air drop to our LG TV.

Yes- you need an Apple TV box- we have had one for years. Not sure if the Android box has the same ability
Screen Shot 2021-07-16 at 11.51.14 AM.png

I haven't tried it mind you but I was editing the other day and was airdropping it to my phone from the laptop to post to Facebook and my 2 vizio televisions showed up in the airdrop menu. I have a Roku but not an Apple TV box. I guess now I'll have to try it sometime this weekend to see if it really works.

Yes- you need an Apple TV box- we have had one for years. Not sure if the Android box has the same ability
View attachment 131963

We have Chromecast and FireStick TV plug-ins rather than the larger boxes.

I tried plugging in SD card directly into my LG smart TV today to test and it would not see or read the card at first, then sent code that the "file was damaged". I then went to my PC, plugged it in and the video files all played perfectly.

I think the easiest way to play this stuff on TV's is just from computer or device to HDMI port on the TV. That should be almost foolproof.

If you save videos in .mov, try saving in .mp4 instead and try it. If you save in .mp4, try .mov instead.

But it probably should have recognized the photos if you save those as .jpg.
yes tv says does not recognize MOV files.. but i never saved it, i film, pop card out of drone and insert in tv. how do you save to a different format. THANK YOU.

yes tv says does not recognize MOV files.. but i never saved it, i film, pop card out of drone and insert in tv. how do you save to a different format. THANK YOU.
Great, we're close! Sorry I didn't see this until just now. I don't have a mavic mini, so I can't step you thru it; I'm sure you can do a google search or find the info in the user guide? On the mavic pro, you have to have controller / aircraft powered up and ready to fly, then you go into the dji go 4 app, goto camera (video) settings, then you can choose mov or mp4.

Great, we're close! Sorry I didn't see this until just now. I don't have a mavic mini, so I can't step you thru it; I'm sure you can do a google search or find the info in the user guide? On the mavic pro, you have to have controller / aircraft powered up and ready to fly, then you go into the dji go 4 app, goto camera (video) settings, then you can choose mov or mp4.
thank you, i bet you just solved my dilemma!.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60