DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help

Juice1279

Reactions
new to flying, so I feel like an idiot asking what it means when my drone is telling me I have 3 more flights with this controller. I purchased a used drone from somebody on Craigslist, while I was visiting friends down southern Oregon. I was told I could fly my mavic air 2 with just my phone. Not the case so I bought a used controller and linked it to my drone. What happens when I have 0 flights left and how can I resolve issue

Check the user manual for your drone and your controller. If you don't have a manual download from DJI support.

0 flights left makes no sense to me. It's not like you can only fly with a controller for x number of flights so more explanation is in order ...and a check of the manuals. It may be that you need to bind the controller. Using a controller that has not been bound may be a limiting factor in that regard.

Have both drone and remote on with phone/tablet. Open the fly app. And view the profile. Don't enter the camera view. Then unbind the remote from previous owner. Then rebind it to your profile

Reactions: buddb55
Did you register the drone/controller with your DJI account?
What was the rest of the message on the controller? Were than any options for help?

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Make sure you create an account in the DJI Fly app and link the drone and remote to that.
If not, there will be certain limitations such as described.

I was told I could fly my mavic air 2 with just my phone.
That is the case for the Mavic Air 1, not the Air 2. Because the Air 1 has Enhanced WiFi, it can connect directly to the phone, the Air 2 has Occusync, which needs a controller in order to connect, then you connect the controller to your phone running the DJI Fly Application.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan