DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help

Juice1279

Reactions
new to flying, so I feel like an idiot asking what it means when my drone is telling me I have 3 more flights with this controller. I purchased a used drone from somebody on Craigslist, while I was visiting friends down southern Oregon. I was told I could fly my mavic air 2 with just my phone. Not the case so I bought a used controller and linked it to my drone. What happens when I have 0 flights left and how can I resolve issue

Check the user manual for your drone and your controller. If you don't have a manual download from DJI support.

0 flights left makes no sense to me. It's not like you can only fly with a controller for x number of flights so more explanation is in order ...and a check of the manuals. It may be that you need to bind the controller. Using a controller that has not been bound may be a limiting factor in that regard.

Have both drone and remote on with phone/tablet. Open the fly app. And view the profile. Don't enter the camera view. Then unbind the remote from previous owner. Then rebind it to your profile

Reactions: buddb55
Did you register the drone/controller with your DJI account?
What was the rest of the message on the controller? Were than any options for help?

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Make sure you create an account in the DJI Fly app and link the drone and remote to that.
If not, there will be certain limitations such as described.

I was told I could fly my mavic air 2 with just my phone.
That is the case for the Mavic Air 1, not the Air 2. Because the Air 1 has Enhanced WiFi, it can connect directly to the phone, the Air 2 has Occusync, which needs a controller in order to connect, then you connect the controller to your phone running the DJI Fly Application.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada