DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Here are some night photography close up comparisons between the Mini 2 and the Mini 3

shadow3467

Reactions
I've doing some testing for myself between the mini 2 and the mini 3, 10pm night low light situation

Thought maybe other people might find this interesting as I did

The shots were taken on two different nights but at the same time of night and at the same locations. I would post the overall complete images but the full size mini 3 JPEGs exported from lightroom after editing raw are significantly larger and too large to upload here

As you can see, the mini 3 absolutely crushes night time photography, very impressed

Attachments

• mcd.jpg
    mcd.jpg
    424.4 KB · Views: 138
  • sbucks.jpg
    sbucks.jpg
    360.6 KB · Views: 139
  • sign.jpg
    sign.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 142
That’s a big difference right there. Are these taken from a 12 or 48mp image? What was the file size of the JPEG’s after you exported them from Photoshop?

That’s a big difference right there. Are these taken from a 12 or 48mp image? What was the file size of the JPEG’s after you exported them from Photoshop?
The mini 3 shots are taken in the 48mp mode. The edited/exported jpegs are anywhere between 20mb to 40mb

I would post the overall complete images but the full size mini 3 JPEGs exported from lightroom after editing raw are significantly larger and too large to upload here
Just upload the images from both cameras to Dropbox, Google Drive or similar and post a link here.
As you can see, the mini 3 absolutely crushes night time photography, very impressed
It would help if you made it clear which images came from which camera.

I've doing some testing for myself between the mini 2 and the mini 3, 10pm night low light situation

The shots were taken on two different nights but at the same time of night and at the same locations. I would post the overall complete images but the full size mini 3 JPEGs exported from lightroom after editing raw are significantly larger and too large to upload here

Just to make sure you should label them or say left is mini 2 and right is mini 3
My eyes see better on right in one and left in the other
or should I assume the better is the m3 in all cases as my eyes see it?

The pics need labels, but here's my very brief review:
  1. Very similar quality, but pic on right has purple fringing around the letters
  2. Left one is far superior as right has lots of noise
  3. Right one is far superior as the sign is nice and clear

Low light from the Mini 3 is no surprise. Larger sensor plus the F1.9 (?) aperture will produce less noise in low light. The Autel Nano Plus does even better, largely due to the RYYB sensor which is by all standards better than RGGB. But the flight characteristics aren't as good as the Mini 3 nor is Autel's support.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stach

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22