DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

He's gone...

I too, feel your pain. I lost 2 Air 2S drones to trees. Both were my fault. Learned some valuable lessons the hard way. Losing the footage makes it hurt even more. All I can say is, I feel your pain. Learn from your mistakes and try not to make the same mistakes again. My biggest take away from my experience was to be careful when using quickshots as they can get you into trouble if you are not paying attention to your surroundings.

....gone forever. Sleeping at the bottom of Andaman sea. Together with precious footage. He was like a brother to me. We have been through so much together. Crashes, broken propellers, bird attacks (they weren't harmed), freezing and hot temperatures, rain, snow, wind, long distances, high altitudes and even a volcano erruption. He never failed me. But I failed today. Rookie mistake. I'm sorry, my brother. Rest in peace.

Dedicated to my beloved Mavic Air:

P.S. I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I thought only you guys would understand this pain.
Is DJI sponsoring this group

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
t4nk, the 'memorial video' you posted was beautiful, and we greatly appreciate you sharing that with us. As a new pilot I was greatly inspired by your content and skillset. Unexpected things happen that we regret doing, however all we can do is reflect on the historical moments and memories. Thank you again for sharing this, and I'm sorry for the loss. I can only imagine that you will create more great moments with a new rig in the near future for us to enjoy.

....gone forever. Sleeping at the bottom of Andaman sea. Together with precious footage. He was like a brother to me. We have been through so much together. Crashes, broken propellers, bird attacks (they weren't harmed), freezing and hot temperatures, rain, snow, wind, long distances, high altitudes and even a volcano erruption. He never failed me. But I failed today. Rookie mistake. I'm sorry, my brother. Rest in peace.

P.S. I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I thought only you guys would understand this pain.
Beautiful work, sorry you lost your buddy. Hope you find a new one soon.

Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain

Now he's gone, now he's gone, Lord he's gone, he's gone
Like a steam locomotive, rollin' down the track
He's gone, he's gone and nothin's gonna bring him back...

- Jerry Garcia-

So sorry for your loss. I'm impressed by the footage you got with that little guy. I too crashed my Air a couple years ago, and he sat in my hands...lifeless. After watching many videos and taking him apart several times, he finally gave in and came back to life. I don't use him much any more, but I should. He has so much strength.

Sorry for your loss. Your video…👍 enjoyed it. I bet you’re right back up in the air today.

Sorry about your loss. On an aside (somewhat) that was some spectacular footage in your video. Question out of curiosity, not a criticism...with the exception of the very first clip, all others were captured flying in reverse. I'm curious as to why? Given the locations, I'd think that with some variety of angles etc. you could have taken it from "spectacular" to whatever word is better than "spectacular"...lol

I totally understand ur feelings…
I have a Mavic Pro that has been thru
(Mod Removed Language)! and back due to my stupidity..
Prolly 10-15 serious crashes and nothing but
Broken ribbon cables usually..
Never have had to change an arm or camera or motor..
My Mavic endured 30 days on a roof and in that time it dipped below freezing,
Came several thunderstorms,and blistering
Heat…
When I got the call it had been found on a roof o figured it was gone as well…
Much to my surprise all it took was another battery and it’s been flying excellent ever since..
I would be devastated if I was to loose it..
That’s why I rarely fly anymore…
It’s been thru it all…

Last edited by a moderator:
Might be a good time to try magnet fishing. The drones have a little metal in them. Or find someone who does scuba diving work. If you get it retrieved, almost anything can be repaired or rebuilt. Sad story but there is usually a happy ending, you just have to look for it.

Sorry about your loss. On an aside (somewhat) that was some spectacular footage in your video. Question out of curiosity, not a criticism...with the exception of the very first clip, all others were captured flying in reverse. I'm curious as to why? Given the locations, I'd think that with some variety of angles etc. you could have taken it from "spectacular" to whatever word is better than "spectacular"...lol
With "variety of angles" you mean some fancy camera movements? If so then it wasn't the concept of this video. It was supposed to be as simple as possible. No postprocessing either. I didn't care about spectacular movements, just images. And flying in reverse just felt right... I don't know why. Maybe out of frame things to be revealed later made it more interesting? Yes, I think it could have been even more boring 😅
I'm happy so many of you liked it and our final creation was appreciated. Thanks!

Sooo sad to read about your loss... Wanna sell your batteries?
I have only 2 left. I don't think it will be worth it to ship overseas.

Might be a good time to try magnet fishing. The drones have a little metal in them. Or find someone who does scuba diving work. If you get it retrieved, almost anything can be repaired or rebuilt. Sad story but there is usually a happy ending, you just have to look for it.
Good idea, but this area is pretty remote and far from any diving equipment. Nothing really could be done except diving there by myself and risking life (I'm not a good swimmer). I didn't want to do that. I left this place today. It's over.

Last edited:
Absolutely remarkable footage. You and your buddy have been to some incredible locales.

Thanks for sharing the footage.

That’s some outstanding footage you’ve got there.

There was this perfect sunset. And it was supposed to be the last flight before wrapping up because it started getting dark. Sensors were not working, but there was only plain sea around (I thought) and there was a live map which for some reason didn't show one giant rock. It was there later in flight record data. Anyway my mistake for flying in dark conditions.
Direct hit at 30 km/h and grey screen "aircraft disconnected". When you know it can't be connection disturbances it's really a gut wrenching thing to see. Next day I tried to swim to the crash site to find it (to save the footage at least) but currents were too strong and rocks too sharp so I aborted the mission. But I'll keep searching the beach with hope he is gonna be washed ashore.
I know I can get a new one, but it won't bring the same good memories, it won't have the same scars.
At least he died in a beautiful place.

P.S. Thanks all for kind words.
So very sorry for your loss, you created some amazing footage!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keith Milligan