DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hey all, new 'pilot' from Ireland here.

ClearZ

Reactions
Hi everyone,
Just got my first drone (Mavic 2 Zoom) and took some footage from around my neighbourhood. I clipped the top of a tree in my garden as I came into land and ended up with a few bruises. The drone got a few scratches also :)

John.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! :)

Hi everyone,
Just got my first drone (Mavic 2 Zoom) and took some footage from around my neighbourhood. I clipped the top of a tree in my garden as I came into land and ended up with a few bruises. The drone got a few scratches also :)

John.
Welcome to our forum .Hope you find all the resources you seek and look forward
to any photos or videos you might post .
Any issues just ask.
Enjoy
0rojyyg-png.48130

..just seen your other vid or 2 on YT and I sure hope you gain some control (+ respect for others) real quick or I fear for those around when you fly.

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. Feel free to join in the discussions and ask anything about Mavics that comes to mind. We are here to help and learn.

Best regards,

Rob

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.
Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

..just seen your other vid or 2 on YT and I sure hope you gain some control (+ respect for others) real quick or I fear for those around when you fly.
Hey, thanks for the reply. Could you give me a few pointers on things you think I should be doing better/safer apart from the obvious landing issues :)? I'm here to learn.

flying towards that woman was a shocker
away from High voltage lines
Not so close to residential premises

That was a phantom 3 flight from 3 years ago. It was my cousins' drone and my first time flying any drone. I flew it down as far as that church with the battery already at 60% and then couldn't get it to come back (strong winds.) It tried to fly itself back but just drifted over to the houses where it finally ran out of battery and came down right beside some power lines.
I learned a hundred different lessons that day. As for flying it towards people, I agree it's an inexcusable and noobish thing to do. Thanks for the response.

Reactions: SpinItUp
Hey, thanks for the reply. Could you give me a few pointers on things you think I should be doing better/safer apart from the obvious landing issues :)? I'm here to learn.
If you see you're headed for trouble, hit the pause button. Make sure your RTH (Return to Home) height is plenty high enough to clear any obstacles in you area.

My wife and I passed through your area in May on holiday. Our time in Ireland is what prompted me to buy my Air. I look forward to being able to go back and bring home some real videos. Enjoy. It's a impressive piece of technology.
i got the mavic air fly more combo and i was wondering is it normal to use up a battery on the drone and controller on updates alone

i got the mavic air fly more combo and i was wondering is it normal to use up a battery on the drone and controller on updates alone
Doesn't sound normal unless the battery wasn't fully charged to begin with. The remote battery should last much longer than the air batteries. I know when I first bought mine, there were several updates that it required, and therefore used up some battery power. Once those updated were done, any further updates were quick and took up minimal battery juice. Remember also that each battery needs to be checked for firmware updates as well and the UAV and remote control.

If you see you're headed for trouble, hit the pause button. Make sure your RTH (Return to Home) height is plenty high enough to clear any obstacles in you area.
Will the pause button stop the motors dead? I know this sound like something that could be very dangerous, but If there was a way to stop the motors before the drone hit the ground I could have saved a few broken blades & a damaged axis?

Will the pause button stop the motors dead? I know this sound like something that could be very dangerous, but If there was a way to stop the motors before the drone hit the ground I could have saved a few broken blades & a damaged axis?
No, pause just stops the drone in mid air. It will then hover in place until you give it further instructions.

Reactions: ClearZ
Doesn't sound normal unless the battery wasn't fully charged to begin with. The remote battery should last much longer than the air batteries. I know when I first bought mine, there were several updates that it required, and therefore used up some battery power. Once those updated were done, any further updates were quick and took up minimal battery juice. Remember also that each battery needs to be checked for firmware updates as well and the UAV and remote control.
i got it brand new had to activate it and charge up all three batteries as they had no power in them

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman