DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hey guys

bzmot

Reactions
I found a crashed Mavic 2 in a park near to where I live. It's not too badly beaten up, probably the owner couldn't find it in the bushes. My dog sniffed it out somehow actually. Is there any way to ID the owner based on the serial number?

I found a crashed Mavic 2 in a park near to where I live. It's not too badly beaten up, probably the owner couldn't find it in the bushes. My dog sniffed it out somehow actually. Is there any way to ID the owner based on the serial number?
First of all, kudos to you sir for trying to do the right thing in finding the owner!!

I would suggest two possibilities:
  • Contact DJI and let them know you would like to find the owner. With the serial number they should be able to find the owner, if it was properly registered. They should not give you the owner's information but they should be able to make the initial contact and give the owner your info.
  • Contact your local FAA office and give them the FAA registration number. Same applies that they won't give you the information but they should be able to reach out to the owner. That is of course if the owner properly registered with the FAA and labeled it as per regulations. This is assuming that you are in the USA. I can't tell since you did not specify a location in your profile.

First of all, kudos to you sir for trying to do the right thing in finding the owner!!

• Contact DJI and let them know you would like to find the owner. With the serial number they should be able to find the owner, if it was properly registered. They should not give you the owner's information but they should be able to make the initial contact and give the owner your info.
  • Contact your local FAA office and give them the FAA registration number. Same applies that they won't give you the information but they should be able to reach out to the owner. That is of course if the owner properly registered with the FAA and labeled it as per regulations. This is assuming that you are in the USA. I can't tell since you did not specify a location in your profile.

Well, you gotta do what you gotta do right?

I'll try with DJI first. Bonus question: I just thought the same thing might happen to me one day and then I'd also like the finder to try and get a hold of me (karma and all that). How do I check if DJI has my data? I don't remember registering. I don't think DJI requires that in Europe but maybe I did something when I activated the drone. I just don't remember...

• Love
Reactions: Gindra
Well, you gotta do what you gotta do right?

I'll try with DJI first. Bonus question: I just thought the same thing might happen to me one day and then I'd also like the finder to try and get a hold of me (karma and all that). How do I check if DJI has my data? I don't remember registering. I don't think DJI requires that in Europe but maybe I did something when I activated the drone. I just don't remember...
Yes you need to provide your DJI account when you activet the drone at first power-up. However, the best way is put your phone number on the same label with your FAA ID. I have that on all my drones..."If found please call 555-222-1212). Goves the most direct route to find the owner quickly and without any detective work.

Yes you need to provide your DJI account when you activet the drone at first power-up. However, the best way is put your phone number on the same label with your FAA ID. I have that on all my drones..."If found please call 555-222-1212). Goves the most direct route to find the owner quickly and without any detective work.
OP is in Europe. He said in his post ?

• Love
Reactions: bzmot
Suggest all pilots add appropriate info to drone. You can get a custom decal made which is what I have done. Check out drone-retriever. com.
Hope it never gets used but it is there just in case.

this is why everyone needs to use those little label print things to put your FAA Number and Phone Number on the drone int he event you did lose it.

I’m sorry if this is taken the wrong way but!
1. ” I found a “MP2” And would like to return it to the owner. Based on the serial number.
2.“I don’t remember registering it with DJI”

Sorry but why would you have registered a found drone with DJI ??

In Thailand.... thanks for idea. I can put contact information inside battery box.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute