DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hey

Hey, all and thank you for allowing me on here!
I'm a 66 y/o operator in north-central AZ (44809 flyer, don't have my 107 yet, but working on it).
We currently have a wildfire burning south of us and I can't fly because the present NOTAM/TFR extends to well north of me into the city right now (it includes my home area). I was able to do a short photo flight the other day because, at that time, the northern edge of the TFR was about a mile south of me at that point and the tankers hadn't flown all day, so I went up to about 350' agl and got a couple pics of the smoke, then came back down; within about a half hour after I landed, though, they were routing the tankers almost directly over my place to and from the fire area, so I couldn't fly again. Granted, they were most likely at/above 500' agl, but I didn't feel comfortable going back up again because of that.
Pics show what they're flying (one type) and also the pics I was able to get before they started flying again. One was taken with my phone from our local ham radio club station, located near the airport (LAANC authorization for only 50' agl there, because it's almost in a direct line with the approach/departure paths of the runways).
Welcome to the forum from the mountains of Colorado! Being a wildland firefighter myself I truly appreciate you complying with the TFR! It really does make a difference with the aircraft flying for us down on the ground, and when they get grounded it severely impacts our efforts. Happy and safe flying!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama. Welcome to the forum

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada