DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi All from Upstate NY

RGB47

Reactions
New to drones and this forum. Found forum by accident, read a few posts and signed up hoping to learn from others here. Just got the Mavic Mini last Friday ... have not had a chance to try it out yet due to weather. Wanted to say Hi to everyone. Thanks. Bob

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

New to drones and this forum. Found forum by accident, read a few posts and signed up hoping to learn from others here. Just got the Mavic Mini last Friday ... have not had a chance to try it out yet due to weather. Wanted to say Hi to everyone. Thanks. Bob
Welcome to the forum if you dont mone me asking ..what part of upstate NY are you from

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland RGB47.

Nice to meet you Bob.?

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to the forum! :)

Just got the Mavic Mini last Friday ... have not had a chance to try it out yet due to weather
Here are some things to help you get started with your Mavic Mini:
  • The current Mavic Mini manual can be downloaded here (it doesn't come in the box). Other important documents can be found on the Mavic Mini downloads page.

• Check out this getting started guide for some tips not found in the Mavic Mini manual.

• Your drone batteries will last longer if you use and maintain them like this.

• Practice flying outdoors in a wide open location that's free of all obstacles. Don't attempt to fly inside your house or in other confined locations.

• The drone records flight data each time you fly. You can decrypt and view those flight logs with these tools.

• Check out MavicHelp.com for commonly used accessories you might need.

I'm upstate, if upstate is anything north of NYC. Specifically Yorktown Heights. There are several places nearby to fly if you fly responsibly. These include an old grass airport cinverted to a town park. Occasionally there are people and pets so you must be respectful. There is a 200 year old farm where I've permission from owners. Developed this relationship by providing them with photos and again being respectful when patrons visit. There's also Tri County Eagles RC Club. If members are flying RC planes there are specific rules to follow. When I got first drone, a P4, I'd get to field early AM and be free to practice controls and video techniques. Mike is the club president and has been a professional drone videographer for many years. He taught me a couple of pro techniques and emphasized most of the GO4 Cinematic features in Intelligent Flight Modes would never be used for a professional smooth video.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and view of the world.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan