DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi everyone. New to this and have purchased a mavic pro. Having problems operating camera on drone.

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Best regards and good luck,

Rob
Thunderdrones

When flying drone is it possible to move camera without changing the position of drone ? Tried little black toggle on controls but just seems to point camera down then back up. Also tried silver slider on right hand front and nothing. I'm new to this so would appreciate any advice. Thanks Phil

Its all new to me. Is it possible to move camera up down left right whilst hovering ?

Yes and no.
The is a wheel that controls gimbal up / down.
You have to use your controller to yaw (turn) left and right to ' look around'.
Go to Youtube and search > Mavic Pro first flight < look through videos that come up, there are some very good tutorials there.
After a few short flights, it will start to become easier all round, and you can then start working on some basic filming or photos.

Reactions: Former Member
Its all new to me. Is it possible to move camera up down left right whilst hovering ?

Unfortunately NO

The camera can only look straight and the wheel on the left on the controller will just make the camera look downwards.

There is no way for the camera to move left or right, YOU the pilot has to rotate the drone in whatever location you want the camera to point.

As far as your exposure and stuff like that remember on the Mavic Pro you gotta tap the screen (phone or iPad) in order for it to focus and adjust the picture before taking a shot/video

Hope this helps

Unfortunately NO

The camera can only look straight and the wheel on the left on the controller will just make the camera look downwards.

There is no way for the camera to move left or right, YOU the pilot has to rotate the drone in whatever location you want the camera to point.

As far as your exposure and stuff like that remember on the Mavic Pro you gotta tap the screen (phone or iPad) in order for it to focus and adjust the picture before taking a shot/video

Hope this helps

Wait you can't hold your finger on the screen and move the camera wherever you want? Has it been that long since I've flown my Mavic Pro? Geez.

Hi,been out 9 plus times now but weather hasn't been great. Still getting my bearings with controls. Did fly it under a bridge with a river underneath. How long have you been flying ?

Thats great! Did you get your camera issues sorted out?

I have been flying drones for around 3 years, but RC helicopters for around 20 years.

Thats great! Did you get your camera issues sorted out?

I have been flying drones for around 3 years, but RC helicopters for around 20 years.
No not yet. But ive been told you can move the camera manually from my phone screen. Took a 12 minute video last friday. Wasnt bad but wasn't good neither. So any tips would be great. Where you from ?Am in north east of england.

Reactions: Former Member
No not yet. But ive been told you can move the camera manually from my phone screen. Took a 12 minute video last friday. Wasnt bad but wasn't good neither. So any tips would be great. Where you from ?Am in north east of england.

Practice makes perfect. Im from the USA near Atlanta, Georgia.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaVVT