DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi From Aberdeen in Scotland

diver dave

Reactions
Hi All, i am a new pilot, but have a pal who is very into drones and i have gone rather mad! I have bought a new mini, and a used air, and 2 used Mavic pros. I am using with a ipad mini and have just received the goggles, though am yet to try them. I plan to mostly use the air with the goggles. The mini is for in forests and cover with the prop guards on.
I have been learning fast from my pal, who has a few drones, but mostly when flying with his pro. The drones will be used for fun initially, the 2 pros, one for me and one for my son, who is also super keen. We plan to use them mainly though for wildlife spotting and filming. We used to be avid deer stalkers, now we still have all the shooting grounds, but as i have aged do way less stalking but still enjoy seeing the deer, so will be shooting them on film from the drones mainly from now. I would really like to use the drones for filming my boat, but reading about others experiences i think i will need to gain a lot more experience before i am ready for this.
My pal is a keen YouTuber, almost exclusively outdoor in Scotland, so i hope to be able to take footage for and with him

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. Also, the search function (magnifying glass icon upper right) is a great way to find answers to many of the questions a "newbie" will have. We were all "newbies" at one point.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to our Forum, from Hauptmann in Texas USA!

You'll find that flying DJI quads are so easy, they practically fly themselves. This can lead to overconfidence. Read the manual, and be conservative at first. Practice using the “Find My Drone” App. Chances are you will crash and perhaps lose your bird. Don't wait until that happens to learn how to recover a lost drone. You might consider hacking the FCC mode. It will give you higher signal strength and better protection from lost connection when flying thru trees, etc.

Sound like you have a good mentor in your pal. Also, we have many members throughout Scotland, and over 100,000 of us from around the world to assist you as you gain experience as a pilot and photographer. Lots of good stuff to shoot throughout Scotland and the UK. Ask for help when you need it, show your work when you can!

Glad to have you and your son as members!

Hi All, i am a new pilot, but have a pal who is very into drones and i have gone rather mad! I have bought a new mini, and a used air, and 2 used Mavic pros. I am using with a ipad mini and have just received the goggles, though am yet to try them. I plan to mostly use the air with the goggles. The mini is for in forests and cover with the prop guards on.
I have been learning fast from my pal, who has a few drones, but mostly when flying with his pro. The drones will be used for fun initially, the 2 pros, one for me and one for my son, who is also super keen. We plan to use them mainly though for wildlife spotting and filming. We used to be avid deer stalkers, now we still have all the shooting grounds, but as i have aged do way less stalking but still enjoy seeing the deer, so will be shooting them on film from the drones mainly from now. I would really like to use the drones for filming my boat, but reading about others experiences i think i will need to gain a lot more experience before i am ready for this.
My pal is a keen YouTuber, almost exclusively outdoor in Scotland, so i hope to be able to take footage for and with him
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS