DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from gods own country (Yorkshire)

Er ... what map? That would be interesting

I've always thought about "pin pointing" the members on a map, but never had the time to try.

It would be neat to have an interactive map on the Forum(s), but with 133,785 current Mavic members it may get congested since a lot of people live in the same areas around the planet.

I think it would be too much work on the staff that maintain these Forums to provide a map of the members if they wish.

Still a cool thought. :)

Welcome to the forum! :)

Just a brief intro.

57 years young, born and bread in the wonderful county of Yorkshire, England.

I had a few years flying fixed wings, but being part of a club, and limited to sky time, I ended up giving it up.
On a busy day, we might have had 15 members all wanting the same patch of sky, so you were lucky to get two flights in a day.

A crash followed not long after by a dead stick, landing my plane up a very very tall tree finished me off.
Don't get too alarmed, i'm talking models, not full sized aircraft.
Anyhow, I've better things to do with my Saturdays than sit in a field talking for 7 hours and 40 minutes, and it costing me X number of pounds for the priviledge.

About 18 months ago I bought a KY601S, more of a toy than a serious drone, a sneeze is enough to blow it out of the air, and the camera is pants, but hey, what do you expect for loose change.
It's been OK for a bit of cheap learning I suppose, with no fear of losing vast amounts of money if I ploughed it in the the ground.
Although I ought to say table leg.

I've had thoughts on the Mavic Pro for a few years, but those bad experineces on the fixed wings put me off spending serious amounts of money.
Not that I couldn't afford it, more the fact that I'm a Yorkshire Man

Now the price is starting to come down, I bought myself a used one.

So this is where I am.

Will I get bored. ??? .......Probably.
I've always said that my hobby is hobbies, i've tried them all.
Yes get a mavic mini 2. You can take it anywhere and the restrictions are limited. Get the fly more combo. Never get bored.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlipPak