DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from gods own country (Yorkshire)

Er ... what map? That would be interesting

I've always thought about "pin pointing" the members on a map, but never had the time to try.

It would be neat to have an interactive map on the Forum(s), but with 133,785 current Mavic members it may get congested since a lot of people live in the same areas around the planet.

I think it would be too much work on the staff that maintain these Forums to provide a map of the members if they wish.

Still a cool thought. :)

Welcome to the forum! :)

Just a brief intro.

57 years young, born and bread in the wonderful county of Yorkshire, England.

I had a few years flying fixed wings, but being part of a club, and limited to sky time, I ended up giving it up.
On a busy day, we might have had 15 members all wanting the same patch of sky, so you were lucky to get two flights in a day.

A crash followed not long after by a dead stick, landing my plane up a very very tall tree finished me off.
Don't get too alarmed, i'm talking models, not full sized aircraft.
Anyhow, I've better things to do with my Saturdays than sit in a field talking for 7 hours and 40 minutes, and it costing me X number of pounds for the priviledge.

About 18 months ago I bought a KY601S, more of a toy than a serious drone, a sneeze is enough to blow it out of the air, and the camera is pants, but hey, what do you expect for loose change.
It's been OK for a bit of cheap learning I suppose, with no fear of losing vast amounts of money if I ploughed it in the the ground.
Although I ought to say table leg.

I've had thoughts on the Mavic Pro for a few years, but those bad experineces on the fixed wings put me off spending serious amounts of money.
Not that I couldn't afford it, more the fact that I'm a Yorkshire Man

Now the price is starting to come down, I bought myself a used one.

So this is where I am.

Will I get bored. ??? .......Probably.
I've always said that my hobby is hobbies, i've tried them all.
Yes get a mavic mini 2. You can take it anywhere and the restrictions are limited. Get the fly more combo. Never get bored.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro