DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from Liverpool

Well thank you for your prompt response
As you can probably tell this is my first posting
I was researching for the best bigger screen to get into my Mavic mini RC and it was apparent a lot of people prefer the galaxy tab a8
But I cannot play back the footage I have shot is there a way to resolve this in the tab
Thanks

Underneath the record button is the PLAY button on the screen. This should allow you to preview the content from the card on the aircraft.

The remote, aircraft, and device should be powered up when viewing the clips.

If you'd like to save a clip to your device, there is a download icon that will transfer the content from the card on the aircraft to your device.

I don't have a Galaxy tab a8 but the procedure should be the same. ?

Hi there & welcome to the forum !

Then ...

Here's some info regarding what kind of video/photo material you have & can have on your tab ...

1) First of all ... every full res photo or video is only stored on the SD card in your drone directly after you have recorded them.

2) The live view you see when you fly can be cached onto your tab ... they are low res & will be exactly as you saw the live view, meaning all small connection glitches and such will be on them. The live view cache will only be recorded if you actually are recording. Also photos will be cashed if you snap a still photo ... but again in low res. Can be useful for quick social media posts or to judge compositions ... but not so much more. This cache functionality can usually be turned on/off in the DJI app this due to that having it on will rise the CPU load for your tab ... & if that is to much your tab will start to lag when it comes to using the DJI app & other tab functions.

3) The low res cache for both videos & photos can be viewed & played through the ordinary media gallery you have installed in the tab (what ever app you use for that) ... you don't need to play or view through the DJI app.

4) If you want to use the full res material from the SD card in the drone on your tab you need to transfer the files from there ... you can either:

- Transfer (download) them via the media gallery in the DJI app ... for this your tab needs to be connected to your powered on RC which in turn is connected to your powered on drone. This method will take time as a full 4k video can be rather large, it will also consume battery & risk over heating your drone.

- You can also pull the SD card from your drone & put it in a card reader that you connect to your tab via a OTG connector. The SD content can then be managed through your tab's file explorer app & copied to the tab.

5) If you have transferred/copied a full res video (for instance in 4K) to your tab & you can't play it without black screens or choppiness it usually means that your tab isn't up to the work to play that high res material.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world. You will find plenty of support on the forum.

Greetings welcome to the forum!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimwinter