DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from New Zealand

Jondotgon

Reactions
I've just signed on today so I can get to the great info I'm sure you all hold between you. I am buying a Mavic 2 tomorrow or Saturday and just know I am going to need other folks points of view along the way, I don't mix well with technology...In my 50's living in a rural area of NZ, will be using the Mavic 2 to take stills and video of houses in addition to using for my own enjoyment. Am interested in the drone for real estate mainly, so the pro may be overkill, and the zoom is slightly wider field of view which I think could be nicer. Can anyone on here comment on the better drone for this application? I have been using a Yuneec Typhoon 4K, which had 115 degree field of view and I found that wider angle good. So I feel the zoom may be the best (but dammit, would love to get the Pro for the better camera when I use the drone for my own fun!!). Anyway, there's a little bit about me in there. Not a lot else to tell. I have 9 acres around my home where I can practice with whichever drone I choose. Thanks all, John

Reactions: dirkclod
I've just signed on today so I can get to the great info I'm sure you all hold between you. I am buying a Mavic 2 tomorrow or Saturday and just know I am going to need other folks points of view along the way, I don't mix well with technology...In my 50's living in a rural area of NZ, will be using the Mavic 2 to take stills and video of houses in addition to using for my own enjoyment. Am interested in the drone for real estate mainly, so the pro may be overkill, and the zoom is slightly wider field of view which I think could be nicer. Can anyone on here comment on the better drone for this application? I have been using a Yuneec Typhoon 4K, which had 115 degree field of view and I found that wider angle good. So I feel the zoom may be the best (but dammit, would love to get the Pro for the better camera when I use the drone for my own fun!!). Anyway, there's a little bit about me in there. Not a lot else to tell. I have 9 acres around my home where I can practice with whichever drone I choose. Thanks all, John
Howdy from Wyoming @Jondotgon , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Reactions: Jondotgon
Welcome to the forum! :)

Am interested in the drone for real estate mainly, so the pro may be overkill, and the zoom is slightly wider field of view which I think could be nicer. Can anyone on here comment on the better drone for this application?
Either could be used for that job. If saving money is important, you could even get away with using the Mavic Pro or Mavic Air.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Thanks for the welcome guys, yes the zoom is looking the best choice in my head, my heart is saying otherwise lol. I'm searching the internet for examples and users experiences for what I want the drone to do. I'll start a thread for that info if i can't find it.

Thanks Rob. Well here we go, am currently updating firmware in a new Mavic zoom and accoutrements. Also got the large ultrabright CrystalSky cause my eyes are dimmer than they once were...And blurrier.

Reactions: Former Member
Well, evening here and half the afternoon I've been trying to set settings in go4 on CrystalSky, which had its firmware updated by the DJI Store today (only it was firmware for the Mavic but I didn't figure that out for hours). Oh dear Lord I battled away trying to get downward vision and rth altitude set, plus several other things like switches which just wouldn't lock to on, icons I'm being told to select to enable the gimbal but which weren't there and just plenty of stuff I couldn't select on screen by touch when I tried to. Brain was getting pretty twisted with this scenario before I went back and found the firmware installed was for the original MP1. Then I tried in the DGI Pilot app, which had also been set up in-store for me today. Relief, everything worked with that one!

I did a IMU calibration along the way before I realised the app was set for MP1. App told me that was successful, but a camera gimbal calibration froze at 90% done. Have since redone that on the Pilot app, I expect I should redo the IMU calibration also? I haven't flown yet, blades not even on (thank heavens). It'll be dark here soon, winds blowing a fair bit anyway. Maybe tomorrow....!!

And yes, that CS display certainly is amazing. I struggled with even a shielded screen on my other drone. Also iI'm thinking this CS will be great in Winter, - it gets pretty hot!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato