DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from Worcester, UK

IslandBarnDave

Reactions
Hi everyone,

I am 10 days into ownership of an MA2, my first drone. I've managed to fly it every day since and I'm loving it.

I found this forum a few days ago and since then I've poured all over it and picked up some really great tips, especially for a new flyer, and I've already unlearnt some of the bad habits I'd taught myself such as over reliance on the RTH button. So thank you to all those who have posted advice, whether as newbies or experienced pilots. I also fell into the trap of focusing (excuse the pun) on taking videos and not concentrating on developing flying skills and I've changed that too.

Through this forum I found Airdata which I've found very useful in reviewing flights after the fact. I was disappointed though because I flew 1km over open country a couple of days ago and that flight data is only partially recorded. I've read a suggestion that the cause may be that I have flight record auto-sync turned on in DJI Fly and the flight logs may be being uploaded to the DJI Cloud prematurely - I have WiFi coverage from where I launch. Does that make sense? Should I turn this off and then manually upload once I've finished flying?

Appreciate any advice.

Many thanks.

Welcome to the forum! :)

I am 10 days into ownership of an MA2, my first drone
Here are some things to help you get started with your Mavic Air 2:
  • The current Mavic Air 2 manual can be downloaded here (it doesn't come in the box). Other important documents can be found on the Mavic Air 2 downloads page.

• Check out this getting started guide for some tips not found in the Mavic Air 2 manual.

• Your drone batteries will last longer if you use and maintain them like this.

• Practice flying outdoors in a wide open location that's free of all obstacles. Don't attempt to fly inside your house or in other confined locations.

• The drone records flight data each time you fly. You can decrypt and view those flight logs with these tools.

• Check out MavicHelp.com for commonly used accessories you might need.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. I also fly an MA2 and have plenty of fun flights. We look to your participation and your view of the world.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hi everyone,

I am 10 days into ownership of an MA2, my first drone. I've managed to fly it every day since and I'm loving it.

I found this forum a few days ago and since then I've poured all over it and picked up some really great tips, especially for a new flyer, and I've already unlearnt some of the bad habits I'd taught myself such as over reliance on the RTH button. So thank you to all those who have posted advice, whether as newbies or experienced pilots. I also fell into the trap of focusing (excuse the pun) on taking videos and not concentrating on developing flying skills and I've changed that too.

Through this forum I found Airdata which I've found very useful in reviewing flights after the fact. I was disappointed though because I flew 1km over open country a couple of days ago and that flight data is only partially recorded. I've read a suggestion that the cause may be that I have flight record auto-sync turned on in DJI Fly and the flight logs may be being uploaded to the DJI Cloud prematurely - I have WiFi coverage from where I launch. Does that make sense? Should I turn this off and then manually upload once I've finished flying?

Appreciate any advice.

Many thanks.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Air 2, I absolutely love mine! Fly safe and have fun!

Hi, welcome to the forum. It seems that you have been endowed with a skill (common sense) found lacking in some. Willing to take advice, asking for help when required, carrying out research, these all point to you having an enjoyment which should last a long happy time flying.
Stay safe!
Thanks Yogi... not sure my wife would always agree with you though ?

Hi everyone,

Appreciate any advice.

Many thanks.
Welcome to the forum from the beautiful mountains of Colorado! Happy and safe flying!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett