DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi. I just got my mavic pro. The mavic pro doesn't connect to GPS mode even though it is outside.

My Mavic Almost crashed in Atti mode.
The next day i flew it in Opti Mode. It was better than the Atti mode.

What should i try to get the craft in GPS mode?

Sometimes it takes my Mavic 2-3 minutes to switch from OPTI or ATTI mode to GPS mode. Other times it happens almost instantly as the craft boots up. So, PATIENCE is a virtue. Do not launch the Mavic until you get a stable GPS mode.

Mark

Reactions: PiraiVarman
Reboot Device being used . Full Reboot. Try again. Patience as PhotoBooth states. So let it just idle on the ground with props spinning. Still no GPS. Remove DJIGO 4 completely. Reboot Device. Reinstall DJIGO4

Sometimes it takes my Mavic 2-3 minutes to switch from OPTI or ATTI mode to GPS mode. Other times it happens almost instantly as the craft boots up. So, PATIENCE is a virtue. Do not launch the Mavic until you get a stable GPS mode.

Mark
Hi Mark
I live all the way in India, i dont think the registration applies to us. But thank you for the gesture. Coming to the aircraft. I shall keep it in mind to wait for a couple of minutes before flying the aircraft.
Thank you

Reboot Device being used . Full Reboot. Try again. Patience as PhotoBooth states. So let it just idle on the ground with props spinning. Still no GPS. Remove DJIGO 4 completely. Reboot Device. Reinstall DJIGO4
Thank You .
Will try all of this. Hopefully it works.
Thank you for your time and patience.

Pirai, is it a cloudy day over there (looking at the photo you posted) ? That might affect GPS reception

Hi Mark
I live all the way in India, i dont think the registration applies to us. But thank you for the gesture. Coming to the aircraft. I shall keep it in mind to wait for a couple of minutes before flying the aircraft.
Thank you

Oops, sorry about that.

One thing I'm ignorant about is the way GPS satellites are shared (or not shared) around the world. In researching India, according to this WIKI page there are only 7 GPS satellites above India:

Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System - Wikipedia

Is that too few for reliable GPS lock? Or, am I missing something because I'm ignorant on the subject?

Mark

Oops, sorry about that.

One thing I'm ignorant about is the way GPS satellites are shared (or not shared) around the world. In researching India, according to this WIKI page there are only 7 GPS satellites above India:

Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System - Wikipedia

Is that too few for reliable GPS lock? Or, am I missing something because I'm ignorant on the subject?

Mark
I dont Think that would be a problem cus there a lot of drone pilots in India right now. I dont think the others are facing the issue i am. But thank you. Will try all of the above things mentioned by everyone and will let you guys know what happens:)Thumbswayup

Overwhelmed by the responses i received.

If your mobile device is able to get a GPS lock and your Mavic is not (and reports zero satellites in the app - check at the top of the Go 4 app when connected) then it's an issue with the Mavic.

You should be getting GPS lock in Beginner mode or WiFi mode.

Personally, I would return it to the place of purchase and ask for a replacement.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JuiceThe6One