DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi. I just got my mavic pro. The mavic pro doesn't connect to GPS mode even though it is outside.

PiraiVarman

Reactions
Another problem I'm facing is. It doesn't go to a height beyond ten meters and it says maximum altitude reached.

Another problem I'm facing is. It doesn't go to a height beyond 10 metres and it says maximum flight altitude reached

Have you plugged a tablet or phone into the remote? As stated earlier you will need to turn off beginner mode and maybe even log in to the app

Have you read the manual?
Can you try taking off from a different location - maybe an open playground?
Can you provide a screenshot that shows the issue with GPS?

OK, Thats good. What is the Altitude that DJI GO 4 sees when you are at ground level during takeoff?

From the Manual

mavic-height-limit-jpg.11175

Just for grins us a pin and toggle the WiFi / RC mode back and forth to free up the switch. Cannot hurt if you are delicate with the switch and slamming it into each position.

I should be flying the Mavic only in GPS mode right?

What is the Maximum height it will get reach In Opti mode? Should i even be flying in Opti mode?

Reactions: SMI
Opti mode is not the mode you want to fly in. GPS Mode will allow the drone to fly in a very stable manner and thats how it is meant to be flown. If you fly in OPTi mode there will be drift or worse.

Plus without GPS mode the Home Position will not be set properly and so the Return to Home Functions will be incorrect or not set at all. You want to have the Mavic record your Home Point for sure.

Dont risk uncontrolled flight as you may send someone a new Mavic as a New Years gift.

Also print a label with your phone number and an "if Found" message on it . Attach to one of the legs or body of the drone as something tells me you may need it.:)

Opti mode is not the mode you want to fly in. GPS Mode will allow the drone to fly in a very stable manner and thats how it is meant to be flown. If you fly in OPTi mode there will be drift or worse.

Plus without GPS mode the Home Position will not be set properly and so the Return to Home Functions will be incorrect or not set at all. You want to have the Mavic record your Home Point for sure.
My Mavic Almost crashed in Atti mode.
The next day i flew it in Opti Mode. It was better than the Atti mode.

What should i try to get the craft in GPS mode?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78