DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi - New Pilot from UK ... Help with A2 CofC needed please...

Welcome from sunny Yorkshire ? I went UAVHUB, and was well happy. Paid £99 - price goes up to £199 at the end of this month - and you can take up to 12 months to pass if necessary. There are mock exams as part of the course, and 1 to 1 sessions are available if you are getting stuck. Re-sits - if needed - are £30 a throw if I recall correctly, but it gives you a real stimulus to pass first time.

Welcome to the forum! :)

I completed my A2cofC having used UAV Hub, The online video tutorials are a breeze, There are many modules but these are explained fully by Matt who is a former RAF pilot, with some tutorials they can be come tedious and repetitive, however I found the modules full of information, and enjoyable, which you can also select any modules you want to freshen up on, also you will find there are 2 questions which appear in the live exam, that I did not see in the Mock Exam, both of which where under Meteorology, a question on Air Density and the air is thinner at high altitude, and a question on Warm Fronts and what the symbol is, this I managed to get wrong, as it's a red semi circles.

Hey!

New to the world of drones here and now have to do the A2 CofC. For some reason it just isn't going in my head!

Can anyone offer me any help please? Mock exams? Experience in learning it all?

Thanks

I’ve just done the A2 course with UAVhub and I thought it was excellent.
I’ve spent the last 30 years in commercial aviation and done 100’s exams, tech courses etc.
I’ve always found it difficult to retain information by just reading notes or listening to lectures, but I’ve found a method that works for me. Write notes and draw diagrams, the very act of writing/drawing makes you remember. For example if you’re trying to remember how close you can fly to uninvolved people, draw a little matchstick man , horizontal line with 30 over it and a box with four Xs representing a drone, a smaller line with 5 over it and your drone with SLOW on it.....you’ll never forget it !
You can do the same sort of thing with all the CAP publications etc etc
I had to do a similar thing for the whole of the B737 technical manual because nothing was going in during lectures and it worked a treat.
Good luck

I am doing the course with Coptz! Yes it was cheap £58 and the course itself is good and in depth however they only have 1 mock available 15 questions ? Which is not much help and when asked why other companies have numerous mocks they said they are working on it! They also take ages checking your flight logs prior to the exam and worse of all you don’t get your results for 3 days??? Wish I had have gone with Matt at UAB! Don’t feel confident passing due to lack of mock practice !

I think most of the questions are common sense based on risk assessment analysis, some obviously will require some element of knowledge, fixed wing and hybrid VTOL systems come to mind as well as some knowledge on helicopter rotator lift, and Meteorology with Cumulonimbus cloud and Thermal affects, I must say UAV Hub is a one stop shop and covers everything, however not all the mock questions are in the live exam.

Yes that's absolutely fine, i used a surface pro laptop, the procter will ask for you to clear your desk or surrounding surfaces of anything, even remote controls etc, they will then ask you to stand still and rotate your webcam 360 degrees, and even ask you to point it down towards the floor so they can see you are alone, and to ensure you have no other monitors or paperwork close by, they will also ask you to share your screen,
I remember taking mine at 1pm on a Saturday, but I was concerned I may of had the postman knocking or other deliveries, so ensured the ring doorbell was off and Alexa was on do not disturb
Anyone wishing to take a A2cofC exam, I would say take it either late at night or early hours, they operate 24/7 around the world.

Good Luck, I am sure you will breeze it.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kesiganes