DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi questions about your mavic experience

The Mavic is easy to learn to fly and the craft itself is strong and pretty well put together.

Don't buy it if you intend flying it using a modern Android device.
Doesn't operate well on anything new.
The Android app is absolute junk.
(2.8 star rated)

If you are an Apple user, then go ahead, those users report a great experience.

Be prepared to walk away from it, mine flipped over into a dam during a climb despite no issues with the craft or control.

Ya that sucks when **** happens, unfortunately it does.
That's the downside. My first RC plane took me a a lot of hours to put together, frame it, wings and all. I flew it maybe 30 minutes with a trainer by my side who would take off and land for me. Then I started to do touch and goes with my brand new, glue barely dry, 2nd tank of gas airplanne.. and crash, instant tooth pics all over the runway. Saved the servos, and engine but the plane was trash. I expect it might happen, with the mavic, it's a remote control aircraft, powered by a bunch of stuff I don't care about but love the fun it brings me. Sometimes the tv remote wont change the channel, the wifi is spotty and my phone dies... it's part of it. It's a hobby, and an expensive one. I've also had plenty of RC cars, nitro and electric and talk about money pits! My last one was a losi 8 scale nitro truck and one day I'm screaming it through jumps and at 35mph this $450 15lb gas powered hunk of metal and plastic clips a tree trunk and is totaled! It's a hobby, I save my play money knowing I may one day lose it. Kinda like when you hear people say I'm going to vegas, I put aside $1000 expecting to not win, but it'd be great if I did. So that's how I look at it.

Umm.. GPS+ and Sport+ ... <Cough> <Cough>

digdat0
Welp. Things get smaller, lighter, and the computing power gets bigger. There will be a hobby drone soon I'm sure that will be as well behaved as a mavic, do everything it can do when programmed to, yet as nimble, fast and sporty as a qav250.

Losi MTXL and FG MT (brushless 8s). These were the main reason i bought Mavic last September in order to use Active Truck with the beasts. After that now i love my MAVIC for a 1000 more reasons. Best money i ever spent. I used to fly drones and helis but i was not interested for the aerial photo and video part. NOW I AM!!!!!

Reactions: Callum
I forgot to mention... I did downgrade to .700 a while ago and have all my params edited so my mavic is very fun to fly... plus I use Litchi a lot to plot waypoint missions..it's never a dull moment....

Videography and photography. To me it is a flying camera, not so much a RC aircraft.

I hate to be the rules police here, but if you are intending to fly the Mavic as fast and low as you can while wearing goggles you will need a spotter with you to maintain your line-of-sight.

I do not know how the cost of a racing drone compares to a Mavic, but is seems like that is what you are looking for. I believe they are made with the understanding that they will crash so replacement parts are available and easier to install. The obstacle avoidance sensors on the Mavic are inactive in Sport (fast) mode and the odds of crashing increase the faster and lower you fly. It could get real expensive real fast.

Hello Hoobnees
The Mavic is your drone, because I and my neighbor are very familiar with any RC driving Cars and Monster Truck in Gas - Nitro - and electric motors.
Now we go in the drone area an spend a lot of money with the toy drones - nice to see , but sometimes not easy to fly due the fact that they ave not GPS , Sensors and Comming home future.
So My neighbor and I bought the Mavic ,
Hey and we had fun pur !!
So easy to fly - see the Video, my neighbor with only 2 h flinging experience in total, never flown before Helicopter or toy drones !
We covered our Mavic with Drone Wrap Skin/ Foil from Japan- Perfect fit- my Drone is the Limoncino Yellow and my neighbor had the Camelion color
Hope I can you give an good feeling to buy and fly the Mavic and had fun as a newcomer in the drone hobby
Best regards

Speedy 2
Sorry the video is to big to lead it F2A1DFC2-B791-40EC-9CF3-183704DA7832.jpeg
847C186B-9BAD-48F8-AE36-89889548AF80.jpeg 202CB66D-DAAA-4D92-A68E-63075C78540D.jpeg 50E53CEE-314E-4B98-A9FF-A15E992B5EAB.jpeg 7D015AA5-E78E-4298-9061-11570D7052BD.jpeg 7A5EED2E-3F17-48AD-8CFD-58588272C1F5.png AACACCB7-B079-4776-B75A-8DB0687C04B3.png AACACCB7-B079-4776-B75A-8DB0687C04B3.png

Reactions: Riveratdave
Hello Hoobnees
Have you Whats Up or Face book,
So contact me in these Forum and I can load our 5 min Fly video with my neighbor and his 2 h experience of fly as newcomer the MAVIC PRO

My contacts :
Face book : Roland Mai
Whats up : 01733577724

Thanks
Speedy 2

Thanks
i will help in this Forum the other guys to answere their question, and I think - no I know!-,that all people in the Mavicpilot love their Mavic Drone,
Compact, fantastic quality ( if Up dates from DJI are ok without failures)
Great performance in Video and Foto
High batterie time 27-30 min
Great look of the Mavic
Great fly modus
And fast in Sportmodus

Best compact drone which somebody can buy - my mind

Have Fun with your Mavic ,
I have it too

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online