DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi Struggling newbie

ninja_geezer

Reactions
Hi all total newbie to the drone scene ,my brother has helped me out a little, he has had a dji spark for the last couple of years, ive recently got myself a Mavic air 2 .
i would like to use an ipad mini 5th gen with it but really really struggling to find a nice short USB C to lightning cable anywhere all i can find are 1 metre and that is just way too long ,i have found some on amazon but delivery times are august /sept so are in china im guessing.any suggestion very welcome..?

if you go on the argos site and type in apple cables you should see one for the ipad at about a foot in length it is quite expensive for what it is and it is a genuine apple lead

if you go on the argos site and type in apple cables you should see one for the ipad at about a foot in length it is quite expensive for what it is and it is a genuine apple lead
Hi thanks for the info just been on the Argos site and can find nothing below 1 metre.

Hi thanks for the info just been on the Argos site and can find nothing below 1 metre.
i found this one it is the shortest one they do and is a genuine apple cable catalogue no is 742/3013 argos

i found this one it is the shortest one they do and is a genuine apple cable catalogue no is 742/3013 argos
cheers but its not usb c on the controller end....do i need an adapter for this lead ? i know its very tight space wise that end for adapters .

Reactions: Hauptmann
Hi all total newbie to the drone scene ,my brother has helped me out a little, he has had a dji spark for the last couple of years, ive recently got myself a Mavic air 2 .
i would like to use an ipad mini 5th gen with it but really really struggling to find a nice short USB C to lightning cable anywhere all i can find are 1 metre and that is just way too long ,i have found some on amazon but delivery times are august /sept so are in china im guessing.any suggestion very welcome..?
I bought this cable in NZ to fit an iphone 11 Pro that I wanted to keep in its Lifeforce Rugged protection case. It is 0.3m (1 ft.) long and perfect for an Apple fit. The DJI cable has a 90-degree bend at the lightning plug and will not fit the iphone with an external case. This new cable has a straight through design. It also still fits inside the RC chamber.

I recently had a mail order arrive okay from the UK, so deliveries seem to be working still.

Thanks for all the suggestions much appreciated ,my mount arrived today from amazon but it seemed to heavy and not secure in the mavic air 2 remote.
so sent it back ,not sure mount to use now was looking at the pygtech but none in stock in the uk.i think i will need to wait until i can find a good ipad mini gen 5 mount then decide exactly what cable i will need.this is the mount i send back today ,very nicely built but not a good enough fit in the controller.
SKYREAT Aluminum-Alloy Foldable Tablet Stand Holder: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo
any suggestions welcome and thank you for all the advice. ? ?

Thanks for all the suggestions much appreciated ,my mount arrived today from amazon but it seemed to heavy and not secure in the mavic air 2 remote.
so sent it back ,not sure mount to use now was looking at the pygtech but none in stock in the uk.i think i will need to wait until i can find a good ipad mini gen 5 mount then decide exactly what cable i will need.this is the mount i send back today ,very nicely built but not a good enough fit in the controller.
SKYREAT Aluminum-Alloy Foldable Tablet Stand Holder: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo
any suggestions welcome and thank you for all the advice. ? ?
Hi I a newbie to live yourself have just bought the Mavic air 2 combo. Using a Asus zenpad 3s 10 android tablet. Expecting a new mount for it bit the bullet and bought the mavmount 4 fro the US been tracking it on usps?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtgoodha