DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

High altitude warning always on?

Ptevee

Reactions
I'm in Colorado springs... 6500', well below max altitude for mini. The high altitude warning is ALWAYS on. Wonder if others from Colorado experience the same?

It is not warning you that you are at the maximum ceiling for the MM. It is warning you that performance can be severely degraded at that altitude due to the thin air. Please see existing thread on this topic High altitude flight ...

It's always on for me flying in Denver. Once we're able to go back to the mountains, I'll be testing it at 9000' and above in Summit County.

Reactions: japharl
I live in Estes Park and our house is at 8200', add another 400' to that and I'm flying at 8600'. I haven't had any issues.

Reactions: Vic Moss
I'm in Colorado springs... 6500', well below max altitude for mini. The high altitude warning is ALWAYS on. Wonder if others from Colorado experience the same?

I live in Boulder at 6800' and the warning is always on for me too. Personally, I find that it doesn't add much value after take-off, but it takes up valuable space on the screen, so I wish that it was not shown shortly after take-off.

what drone are you all using? I don't see this in my mavic air? maybe i'm ignoring it?

what drone are you all using? I don't see this in my mavic air? maybe i'm ignoring it?

It's a Mavic Mini warning - most likely because DJI know that the poor things have such feeble propellers. It's constant for me at 7500 ft, and purely informational.

I ran into a different high altitude warning with my mini earlier this week. It was sufficiently stern to get my attention.

I live in Summit County and "routinely" fly my mini at 9,500 - 10,000 feet. In truth, I am still learning the flight characteristics and trying to avoid getting myself in trouble. I frequently get the "High Altitude. Fly with caution." notification. No problem but I can see the lag between command and response. The other day, I flew at a little above 11,000 feet. Immediately upon takeoff, I got the following warning, "Warning. Current altitude too high. Continuing to fly may result in aircraft performance restrictions or safety hazards. Flying under the following conditions is not recommended 1) Without using propeller guards, 2) Flying outside line-of-sight 3) Flying at fast speeds (greater than 5 m/s) or at an altitude higher than 1 m above the ground. Agree." I had to push the "Agree" before continuing to fly.

I continued to fly cautiously. The mini seemed to be very sensitive to the wind and I received a rear propeller over speed warning which convinced me to bring it on in.

The mini is only spec's to 9000ft so warnings here in Colorado are pretty much always. I never have flown my mini without the warning displayed.

The Mini isn't a great bird for The County (my In-Laws still live there, my wife and I both grew up there in the 70s and 80s. We live in Denver how). The warning in this case is more of a CYA warning from DJI. However, if it's relatively hot up there, I'd be very careful with flying. And definitely keep the MM in view when flying at that altitude.

I ran into a different high altitude warning with my mini earlier this week. It was sufficiently stern to get my attention.

I live in Summit County and "routinely" fly my mini at 9,500 - 10,000 feet. In truth, I am still learning the flight characteristics and trying to avoid getting myself in trouble. I frequently get the "High Altitude. Fly with caution." notification. No problem but I can see the lag between command and response. The other day, I flew at a little above 11,000 feet. Immediately upon takeoff, I got the following warning, "Warning. Current altitude too high. Continuing to fly may result in aircraft performance restrictions or safety hazards. Flying under the following conditions is not recommended 1) Without using propeller guards, 2) Flying outside line-of-sight 3) Flying at fast speeds (greater than 5 m/s) or at an altitude higher than 1 m above the ground. Agree." I had to push the "Agree" before continuing to fly.

I continued to fly cautiously. The mini seemed to be very sensitive to the wind and I received a rear propeller over speed warning which convinced me to bring it on in.

And while DJI doesn't mention it, it is really density altitude that matters in terms of performance. That can be really high in Colorado in summer.

Reactions: PhantomFandom
Also your warranty will not cover flights outside of spec's.. be careful! I stepped up to the mavic 2 zoom after a month with the mini and ?. I've never had a warning of any kind in over 40 hours in the air!! Huge difference.

And while DJI doesn't mention it, it is really density altitude that matters in terms of performance.
Most don't even read the manual. Of those that do, a good deal say it's already too complicated. Can you imagine adding the complexity of density altitude? LOL

You are totally correct though, as always.

Reactions: sar104
Does the warning not disappear if you tap it? Every other warning in DJI Go / DJI Fly seems to respond that way.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS