DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

High Pitched Gimbal Noise

Have done that allready, they told me that i move the drone to fast to the right and the gimbal reaches his limit because of my fast Turn.. tried to explain that the issue occures also when turning the drone slowly but they told me not to worrie about it..
Dont know what to think about that..Sounds weired but anyways..lets see if they fix that with FW Updates
Thanks. We'll just wait and see.

How about the other Mavic Mini Owners here in the Forum? Do you all have this noise shown in the Video when your Gimbal turns to the left or is there anyone who does it not have?

Wow, yours sound louder and last a little bit longer. Mine only sound like Jaytea. Hopefully we’ll hear something soon DJI. Hopefully it’s not a rea issue.

There you go mine is the same. Only on left turns.
+1

Mine makes the same kind of noise in the same circumstances. Seems to only be on "left turns" on the horizontal axis as in the video, and can be repeated multiple times.

gimbal pids are off and cause oscillation in the clockwise yaw turn with a bit of a roll to the left. if body is in good horizontal position - it is not showing. my MM has same issue, but, in the flight i did not see it effecting video yet. will try mor to check.
yet an another QA issue with this model, result of a usual chinese ignorance of quality control. hopefully if enough tickets will be open - dji will fix it, eventually. if it is fixable, with such a small gimbal it maybe an issue.

i also think they began to fake the poll which i opened on the dji forum..there were 12 votes of owners which have the same problem/noise and only 1 who doesnt have..till the dji-support-guy has noticed the thread and answered on it, the poll has now reach many votes with "Owners" which do not have that issue...hahahaha kind of funny

Last edited:
I'm wondering if I've got the cold weather judder on my gimbal as I was just out flying it (and its about 2c outside) and i've noticed that I've got an annoying judder on my footage that I didnt have when I flew it in warmer conditions. Maybe it's the rubber holding the gimbal in place that's too cold?

I might leave it inside in the warm for a while then go fly around some more outside.
Out flying again today, still no judder but I did hear the high pitched gimbal noise, no errors.

Reactions: Jeytea
I'll join the forum and post my videos of judder and noise. The DJI forums are known for their "impartial" moderation

I've seen 3-4 people on the DJI forums saying the firmware update removed the gimbal noise.

+1 New firmware (v01.00.0300) has either fixed this completely or at least made it a lot better. I powered up the drone inside and tilted it about and got the whining noise on left turns. Updated the firmware and repeated. Result: no whining where i was getting whining 5mins previously. I've only done the 1 test after FW update so itmight be premature to categorically say its gone.

But it is definitely better isnt it? It's not my imagination?
+1

New firmware (v01.00.0300) has either fixed this completely or at least made it a lot better. I powered up the drone inside and tilted it about and got the whining noise on left turns. Updated the firmware and repeated. Result: no whining where i was getting whining 5mins previously. I've only done the 1 test after FW update so it might be premature to categorically say its gone.

Just wanted to add that the .0300 update fixed this on my Mini as well. I had the noise on startup from day one and now it's gone

I noticed that there is some high pitched gimbal noise when I rotate the drone clockwise and the camera pans to the left. I only noticed it during start-up or when I was not using the drone for a day or two. It goes away when I do the gimbal calibration or move the drone up, down left and right. It doesn't seem to affect the stability and the gimbal performs as expected. Is this normal or just a sign of the gimbal breaking in the future.

Thanks
Hey Bman.... I see this is a old thread and I am new to drones. However, I solder boards, make amateur repairs to anything electronic and as a result pay attention to tiny details. If I look closely at the mounting mechanism, I have noticed that on one side the plastic bracket has a dualistic anomaly after falling 30 feet from a pine tree only to be suspended by the rotors on the rear left arm. In all likelihood repairing the defunct alignment on the main mount and also the secondary mount, as simple as snapping them into place so they can move freely, will save the eventual damage to the gimbal. -@[email protected]

I see this is old as well but might help others if they are still experiencing it. I was having some bad vibrations in video when shooting with my Mini (but not consistently). I replaced the props to no effect, as well as the gimbal mounts. Turns out it was because of this gimbal noise, which was also causing a jello effect in my videos. I noticed that if I applied pressure to the sides of the gimbal it went away. A small zip tie around the sides of the gimbal (towards to back to not cause interference) has cleared up my video, a well as all gimbal noise. I didn't feel like sending the drone in and paying for a repair, so it was a nice quick fix.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan