DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Highest iso without loss of quality?

I have. 200 iso is sweet. Maybe 400. Best to change the iso instead of the shutter speed? I know the 180 deg rule. I fly at 4k 30fps

Anything above base "loses some quality", now whether it matters to you or not is your call...

I do want the very best quality video. But in low light, sometimes you need to sacrifice some video quality. Am I best to change the shutter speed or ISO?
Cheers

I do want the very best quality video. But in low light, sometimes you need to sacrifice some video quality. Am I best to change the shutter speed or ISO?
Cheers
You will get best quality at ISO 100.
But in low light that might not be enough so you take off any ND filters you might have on and/or open up the aperture.
If that still isn't enough, then you increase ISO.
It's a juggling act to get good exposure but ISO should be the last variable you adjust.

Consider ignoring that 180 degree "rule" and experimenting.
It's not as important as some would have you believe.

You will get best quality at ISO 100.
But in low light that might not be enough so you take off any ND filters you might have on and/or open up the aperture.
If that still isn't enough, then you increase ISO.
It's a juggling act to get good exposure but ISO should be the last variable you adjust.

Consider ignoring that 180 degree "rule" and experimenting.
It's not as important as some would have you believe.
I have a mavic 2 zoom. There isn't a way of changing the aperture. True?

No aperture change available on m2z. If zoomed in, the aperture goes to 3.8 from 2.8. So there's that.

I find iso 3200 unacceptable. I can work with iso 1600, but that's as high as I go.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke