DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hines Park allowed?

StinkiePants

Reactions
I will be in MI next week, mostly in Canton and Whitmore Lake areas, does anyone know if flying a drone in Hine Park is allowed? Any suggestions on where to fly?

I will be in MI next week, mostly in Canton and Whitmore Lake areas, does anyone know if flying a drone in Hine Park is allowed? Any suggestions on where to fly?
What do apps like KittyHawk or others say? You can type in a location and see what restrictions are in place that the app knows about.

What do apps like KittyHawk or others say? You can type in a location and see what restrictions are in place that the app knows about.
Those apps are for FAA regulations, not local regulations. They show very few (if any) local regs.

Reactions: tlswift58
Those apps are for FAA regulations, not local regulations. They show very few (if any) local regs.
Sadly Vic - you missed the key words at the end - "the ones they know about."

Using the apps gives him a basic understanding of what rules are in effect in an area before flying. They are not all inclusive for sure - yet if he sees there are restrictions "before" going there - then he saved himself a trip - right?

Sadly Vic - you missed the key words at the end - "the ones they know about."

Using the apps gives him a basic understanding of what rules are in effect in an area before flying. They are not all inclusive for sure - yet if he sees there are restrictions "before" going there - then he saved himself a trip - right?
No, I saw that. Apps just don’t have the bandwidth to include anything about local laws, especially land use laws.

No one should ever use an app to check local laws.

There's a section along Hines Drive, west of Middlebelt, that dips into controlled airspace. Other than that, I've found few restrictions in Michigan parks. There may even be a state law that restricts local governments from prohibiting drones--I know it was introduced some years back, but not sure whether it passed. You generally don't see "no drone" signs here.

There's a section along Hines Drive, west of Middlebelt, that dips into controlled airspace. Other than that, I've found few restrictions in Michigan parks. There may even be a state law that restricts local governments from prohibiting drones--I know it was introduced some years back, but not sure whether it passed. You generally don't see "no drone" signs here.
Thanks!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22