DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hit a tree branch and mavic freaked out

Johndronebusiness

Reactions
Good evening,

I have a question, I never flew my mavic through woods but my wife wanted me to get her walked out of this train into open field so yeah I put the tracking mode on her and was controlling the height of the mavic and I accidentally hit a leaf and a tiny branch which threw the mavic out of control and it fell , was close to the ground anyways but then it went full speed upside down spinning and freaking out . I ran to it held it up propellers were spinning so fast and then it just stopped in a few seconds....

Why wouldn’t it just shut off after falling? Is there a setting for that? Luckily I only ended up with a little scratch on top of the battery

And also how do I make sure nothin inside is damaged?

Good evening,

I have a question, I never flew my mavic through woods but my wife wanted me to get her walked out of this train into open field so yeah I put the tracking mode on her and was controlling the height of the mavic and I accidentally hit a leaf and a tiny branch which threw the mavic out of control and it fell , was close to the ground anyways but then it went full speed upside down spinning and freaking out . I ran to it held it up propellers were spinning so fast and then it just stopped in a few seconds....

Why wouldn’t it just shut off after falling? Is there a setting for that? Luckily I only ended up with a little scratch on top of the battery

And also how do I make sure nothin inside is damaged?

This is where knowing how to do the quick shutdown of the motors is helpfull, by pulling the two sticks down into the corners, a fail safe , unless you disabled it in the settings. The drone itself takes about 3 seconds to realize it landed before it will stop.

Keep in mind that the lights on your drone along with the error messages are all you have to go by , that and the drone reactions itself.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Drone in the Rain !
Maker of the lunar Landing Pad.

It’s probably fine - there aren’t the ok most any moving parts inside - pit new props on, goto and open field, fly around low to ground and then land. Go look at the flight log files to see I found anything looks out of the ordinary - you will find many posts here on here how to do that

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranger 7