DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ho Chi Minh City - Vietnam by drone | DJI Mavic 2 Pro

DKAerial

Reactions
Hey guys,

time for my weekly video :)
After my Shanghai video (Shanghai by drone ) another large city in asia explored: Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam:

Let me know what you think.
Compared to my Shanghai video I could not get the same good quality out of the night footage...

Cheers!

Reactions: Hauptmann
Hi DK,
I do go to hcm. But where you fly, can tell me so that next time I go over, I will bring my drone there. I usually stay around Pham Ngu Lao area.

Hi DK,
I do go to hcm. But where you fly, can tell me so that next time I go over, I will bring my drone there. I usually stay around Pham Ngu Lao area.

Unforunately you need to register your drone in Vietnam, othewise you might risk of getting your drone confiscated by the autorities.
If you have done that you can fly pretty easy in HCM.

Register? How, I only go there three or four times a year, sometime, less.
Worth registering and how troublesome? If I go to Hanoi, I thought of flying the drone over the Lake.

Worth registering and how troublesome? If I go to Hanoi, I thought of flying the drone over the Lake.

This site explains it pretty good: Dronemade | Blog

Hanoi I did not fly, so not sure about the area there, but I think the Hanoi airport might be to close to the city.

Hey guys,

After my Shanghai video (Shanghai by drone ) another large city in asia explored: Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam:

Compared to my Shanghai video I could not get the same good quality out of the night footage...

Cheers!
I see what you mean. Great video, though. HCM not as spectacular as Shanghai, but few cities are. Did you by any chance shoot your night scene at less than 400 ISO?

Reactions: DKAerial
I see what you mean. Great video, though. HCM not as spectacular as Shanghai, but few cities are. Did you by any chance shoot your night scene at less than 400 ISO?

Yeah I think I had it lower than 400 ISO

Hey guys,

Cheers!

sweet video. Very impressive city

Did you use a ND filter during the day, if so what grade, or did you colour in post editing?

Yes I used the ND filters from PolarPro, mainly the ND8.
I did some color correction in post in Premier Pro, but not a lot.

Hanoi I did not fly, so not sure about the area there, but I think the Hanoi airport might be to close to the city.

The two bridges north of Hanoi, spanning the Red River, are about 8 miles south of Noi Bai International.

Per DJI Go 4, Hoàn Kiếm District is a No Fly Zone. I wouldn't risk trying to fly over Hoàn Kiếm Lake. I flew over West Lake (Hồ Tây) last year, trying to reach the Lotte Tower. That's been geofenced recently. My MPP couldn't reach it, but 2 years ago my P3P had no problem flying there.

I arrived in Hanoi last night. My apartment is in the area by the smaller lake (Trúc Bạch Lake) adjoining West Lake but I haven't tried launching from the rooftop yet. Maybe I'll attempt it later.

DKAerial
ok let me know,
if can fly tell me the address so that I will go there and stay.

DKAerial
ok let me know,
if can fly tell me the address so that I will go there and stay.

Please check this blog for details on register your drone in Vietnam:

other option would be to pay someone to get the permit, there should be some websites offering that service.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada