DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Home Lock Feature

hiwese1

Reactions
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Above is a video to Michael Kincaid who I believe does a great job explaining things and is pretty informative with his tutorials.

I have read a lot on here about people not using RTH properly and crashing or always relying on RTH to get the craft back. I am for one not always a fan of just blindly relying on automatic safety features and also this is an easy way to get the Mavic back to you bypassing that annoying beeping sound. Another great feature is that you can verify you are high enough and just quickly activate home lock and pull down on the remote and it will come exactly to you.

Just another tool to be aware of and an easy method to get the craft back or like he said if you want to do a cinematic shot or photos this would work perfect.

Last edited:
Reactions: choder
That seems pretty useful... of course the easiest thing would be if the FREAKIN map followed the craft like it used to do. I cannot figure out why DJI changed that. It used to be so easy... you would just follow the yellow line back to where you started.

Thanks for the tip though.

The only thing that scares me is.......am I correct that he pulled down on both sticks? If that is the case then we better make sure that in this moment of panic (because of losing our mavic momentarily) that we don't pull the sticks towards the middle. That is the emergency shut off and the mavic drops out of the sky. No feature overrides the emergency shut off.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: Magicman
He pulled them both back to start it and take off. You definitely don't want to ever pull both of them back during flight. We don't want our Mavic to become a Karma

Sent from my Pixel XL using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: Up & Adam
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labbasson