DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Home Point Me : Signal gps too weak

Reactions
i ,

This is the third time, i still can't make an homepoint me.
I found and alternative using HomeLock.

But, i would like to use this function and understand why it doesn't work.
My screen control is an Huawei Mediapad M3, 8.4 inch connected on usb port on the RC.

The tablet is linked to my phone on wi-fi.
So it has access to internet database.
For example i tried to record homepoint me, it said impossible, signal GPS WEAK.

After this information, i close DJI Go (latest version installed today and latest firmware on the Mavic Pro), and use google; Trailforks, GPS viewer : It works perfectly and nearly instantly quicker than my garmin GPS.
I've read yu must appair GPS garmin with the phone/tablet...
I've tried to use another GPS appli works perfect.

Also : One more element to helping yu perhaps, when i Start DJI go, it localise me immediatly on the maps (i've downloaded offline maps).
And show me the flight route.

I tried also the localisation without the remote and MAvic pro shutted off, just to see if the appli DJI works fine.

I didn't try on Litchi, because i don't have it. I don't want to break the guaranty in case of problem.

So why it says Weak mobile GPS ????

My Tablet is brand new.
Works perfect at all.

Do i miss something in the procedure ?

Many thanks

The device you are using to fly the mavic has to have cellular ability in order to work as home point. Simply having an internet connection is not enough.

Reactions: Hollow Dog
The device you are using to fly the mavic has to have cellular ability in order to work as home point. Simply having an internet connection is not enough.
I could be wrong, but I do not believe that you need data or wifi for home point me to work. You only need GPS active on your device.

Homelock runs in reference to the active home point. So if home point me isn't working, then pulling the right stick all of the way back, the drone will head for its original launching home point.

For example i tried to record homepoint me, it said impossible, signal GPS WEAK
Exactly - it's a function of GPS, not data or wifi. Your devices' GPS antenna may be getting a very bad signals due to the very close proximity of RC transmission and reception signals for control and video signals, and your phone itself running data, wifi, bluetooth...etc. The only real way to test this is to ~ set your phone to airplane mode with GPS (only) turned on, and see if it improves your ability to use the homepoint me function.

i ,

This is the third time, i still can't make an homepoint me.

But, i would like to use this function and understand why it doesn't work.
My screen control is an Huawei Mediapad M3, 8.4 inch connected on usb port on the RC.

The tablet is linked to my phone on wi-fi.
So it has access to internet database.
For example i tried to record homepoint me, it said impossible, signal GPS WEAK.

After this information, i close DJI Go (latest version installed today and latest firmware on the Mavic Pro), and use google; Trailforks, GPS viewer : It works perfectly and nearly instantly quicker than my garmin GPS.
I've read yu must appair GPS garmin with the phone/tablet...
I've tried to use another GPS appli works perfect.

Also : One more element to helping yu perhaps, when i Start DJI go, it localise me immediatly on the maps (i've downloaded offline maps).
And show me the flight route.

I tried also the localisation without the remote and MAvic pro shutted off, just to see if the appli DJI works fine.

I didn't try on Litchi, because i don't have it. I don't want to break the guaranty in case of problem.

So why it says Weak mobile GPS ????

My Tablet is brand new.
Works perfect at all.

Do i miss something in the procedure ?

Many thanks

I had the same problem and finally figured out a solution.

I just uninstalled the DJI Go 4 app, rebooted phone (iPhone 7), reinstalled the app.

When accepting all the permissions regarding GPS, I didn't scroll down to toggle all 4 choices when I originally installed the app.

Did so this time and also relinked my controller. Worked like a champ! Back in business!

...For example i tried to record homepoint me, it said impossible, signal GPS WEAK...
As @Qoncussion mentioned, the weak GPS signal it is referring to is on your Mediapad. The RC has no GPS receiver so it relies on your connected device for GPS positioning. It is possible as @JWalker444 mentioned your Mediapad may have an incorrect setting regarding GPS. My Tab A has a "high accuracy" GPS setting and also receives Russan GLONASS signals so it is pretty accurate.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan