DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Home point setting error

eagle2018

Reactions
I’m sure this has been spoken about but I can’t find any discussions on it, mainly because I’m kind of new to this[emoji51]
Can someone please help on getting rid of this error when I try and select ‘me’ as the return point. I’ve tried to change the iPhone setting to ‘while using app’ and ‘always’ but that doesn’t fix it[emoji35][emoji35]
Your assistance will be appreciated. I’ve attached 2 photos to show what it is.

IMG_2952.JPGIMG_2953.JPG

Mobile device must be able to have a built in gps - I have an iPad mini 2 without gps and I connect via Bluetooth to my phone - havent tried dynamic home point (which is what you are trying) to see if it works - it should In theory

Can someone please help on getting rid of this error when I try and select ‘me’ as the return point. I’ve tried to change the iPhone setting to ‘while using app’ and ‘always’ but that doesn’t fix it
To use that feature you need GPS in your phone or tablet and it has to be switched on and in a location where it is receiving GPS satellite signals (ie not under cover).
GPS signal weak is DJI for no GPS signal.
Your phone has GPS but if you also tick off the other criteria mentioned above, you are just another reporting the same thing ....
Mostly Apple device owners who can't reset the home point to the controller's location.
For 6 months or so, these reports have been coming in but no solution has showed up.

But .. it's rare that you would really need to use that feature.
Describe why you want to use the feature and I might be able to suggest an alternative.

Mobile device must be able to have a built in gps - I have an iPad mini 2 without gps and I connect via Bluetooth to my phone - havent tried dynamic home point (which is what you are trying) to see if it works - it should In theory

Unfortunately I don’t think it will work for you. My iPhone has gps and data, not sure why it doesn’t work??

Reactions: Moose1967
To use that feature you need GPS in your phone or tablet and it has to be switched on and in a location where it is receiving GPS satellite signals (ie not under cover).
GPS signal weak is DJI for no GPS signal.
Your phone has GPS but if you also tick off the other criteria mentioned above, you are just another reporting the same thing ....
Mostly Apple device owners who can't reset the home point to the controller's location.
For 6 months or so, these reports have been coming in but no solution has showed up.

But .. it's rare that you would really need to use that feature.
Describe why you want to use the feature and I might be able to suggest an alternative.

Thanks for the response. Would be a handy feature when on my boat. Also when walking through the bush and having it flying above the trees

Thanks for the response. Would be a handy feature when on my boat. Also when walking through the bush and having it flying above the trees
OK ... people flying from boats usually are most interested in filming their own boat.
If you aren't flying way away from your boat, the main reason to use the feature is to prevent the Mavic trying to return to where you launched when the battery is getting low.
The simple alternative is to just reset to the current location of the drone a few times through the flight.
That keeps the home point close to the boat rather than back where you started and you don't get in a situation where the flight controller calculates it's getting close to only enough battery to make it back to where it started.
You never want to let RTH land on your boat anyway so it's a case of near enough is good enough.

Out in the bush you could do similar if you are walking far enough to make it worthwhile.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
OK ... people flying from boats usually are most interested in filming their own boat.
If you aren't flying way away from your boat, the main reason to use the feature is to prevent the Mavic trying to return to where you launched when the battery is getting low.
The simple alternative is to just reset to the current location of the drone a few times through the flight.
That keeps the home point close to the boat rather than back where you started and you don't get in a situation where the flight controller calculates it's getting close to only enough battery to make it back to where it started.
You never want to let RTH land on your boat anyway so it's a case of near enough is good enough.

Out in the bush you could do similar if you are walking far enough to make it worthwhile.

Thanks for your advice[emoji1360] would be a whole lot easier if the feature just worked [emoji849]

Unfortunately I don’t think it will work for you. My iPhone has gps and data, not sure why it doesn’t work??
Did you update your home position with the dynamic button while you were flying or were you in hopes it would find you just by selecting it before you took off - when you are flying you have to reset the home position to the spot you are at by hitting that right button option.

Did you update your home position with the dynamic button while you were flying or were you in hopes it would find you just by selecting it before you took off - when you are flying you have to reset the home position to the spot you are at by hitting that right button option.

I’ve tried both ways and both give me the same error

it would be a great thing if set home to RC worked but its been a iOS problem for a long time only option at the moment is to go Android till DJI fix it..

Out at sea, I've found that either option is just as good as the other.
Indeed, and setting to the current aircraft position always works because it doesn't depend upon an iOS capability!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klik4d