DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Home Roof Antenna Install

Italian Civil Aviation Authority
The Ente Nazionale per l'Aviazione Civile (ENAC), English: Italian Civil Aviation Authority, is the national aviation authority of Italy. Its headquarters are located in Rome.
The FAA remark was in response to @Paulricchi asking if the OP was planning on breaking FAA rules. If you are going to admonish at least use the rules from the area they are flying in.

The FAA remark was in response to @Paulricchi asking if the OP was planning on breaking FAA rules. If you are going to admonish at least use the rules from the area they are flying in.
Sorry about the misunderstanding. No admonishing here. When you guys started mentioning Italy, I actually thought the Video was from Italy, so I provided the info. Woops.

Sorry about the misunderstanding. No admonishing here. When you guys started mentioning Italy, I actually thought the Video was from Italy, so I provided the info. Woops.
I just read my response in the previous post and realized that it sounded like I felt you were admonishing me. It was meant to convey that we should not assume that everyone posting here has to follow FAA rules. Members are from all areas of the planet and have different rules. I try to avoid commenting on the rules and regulations in areas I do not fly in, and do my best to fly legally in areas that I do fly.

I just read my response in the previous post and realized that it sounded like I felt you were admonishing me. It was meant to convey that we should not assume that everyone posting here has to follow FAA rules. Members are from all areas of the planet and have different rules. I try to avoid commenting on the rules and regulations in areas I do not fly in, and do my best to fly legally in areas that I do fly.
ikr? gets old hearing all these old geezers repeating themselves, lol

ikr? gets old hearing all these old geezers repeating themselves, lol
I understand where many of the members are coming from because the basic rules of flying sUAS aircraft are pretty consistent. Keeping VLOS, 120 meters AGL, don’t fly over people, fly responsibly near airports, and yield to manned flights. There are three types of drone pilots: 1)those that know and adhere to the rules, 2)those that know the rules and choose not to adhere to them, and 3)those that have no clue there are rules and just do as they want.

If we all were of type 1 then things would present a better image of the drone community and educating those in group 3 would be the worst of our problems.

I understand where many of the members are coming from because the basic rules of flying sUAS aircraft are pretty consistent. Keeping VLOS, 120 meters AGL, don’t fly over people, fly responsibly near airports, and yield to manned flights. There are three types of drone pilots: 1)those that know and adhere to the rules, 2)those that know the rules and choose not to adhere to them, and 3)those that have no clue there are rules and just do as they want.

If we all were of type 1 then things would present a better image of the drone community and educating those in group 3 would be the worst of our problems.
Well all that is fairly obvious. What people need to realize is that "good" people can't control "bad" people.
They are going to do what they want no matter what. No different than gun laws.

I am just saying it sux the "good" people have to hear the same crap over and over, knowing it makes no difference in the end, imho.

I did exactly what he's saying because my DJI FPV streams video to my face, line of sight is irrelevant.

I just wanted the peace of being able to fly around my home from the comfort of my living room, you end up getting way better at flying your drone because you're in a well defined environment like a fighter pilot.

I did exactly what he's saying because my DJI FPV streams video to my face, line of sight is irrelevant.

I just wanted the peace of being able to fly around my home from the comfort of my living room, you end up getting way better at flying your drone because you're in a well defined environment like a fighter pilot.
That is interesting. Any chance you could post photos of your setup and explain how it works?

VLOS irrelevant?? do you have permit to fly BVLOS? or do you post someone (an observer) outside to keep VLOS?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src1972