DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Homemade Nvidia k1 tablet holder for mavic

Scoobydude

Reactions
Hi all mavic pilots.........and soon to be mavic pilots like me. While waiting on mine turning up I made a tablet holder. 8mm steel bar and 7mm steel post. The holder can be used both ways round so the tablet is where your wrists are so you can see the controller or the other way around covering the controller.
IMG_1341.JPG IMG_1344.JPG

Very nice!! Care to share any construction details? Is the bar actually two pieces? How is the center post attached to the bar? Welded?

Got it. Thanks! Great minimalist design, which is just what I'm wanting.

Hi all mavic pilots.........and soon to be mavic pilots like me. While waiting on mine turning up I made a tablet holder. 8mm steel bar and 7mm steel post. The holder can be used both ways round so the tablet is where your wrists are so you can see the controller or the other way around covering the controller.
View attachment 849 View attachment 850
Sweet!

Nvidia Shield K1

Don't waste your money on bulky 3d printed over priced adapters do it neatly (if you are patient) for "No cost at all"

Just use a stanley knife to trim 5mm off plastic where phone holder arms swing out do both sides
works perfectly has a grip like a vice due to the thickness of the shield so it won't fall out, use the usb port on bottom of remote to connect see pics

the android cable was £2.49 from ebay
Short 20cm Left Angle USB A to Right Angle Micro B USB Data Cable for Android

P.S iPad mini fits without need for trimming but no hdmi out so no goggles
WOW! It's incredible that you are flying a Mavic at age 86!

Nvidia Shield K1

Don't waste your money on bulky 3d printed over priced adapters do it neatly (if you are patient) for "No cost at all"

Just use a stanley knife to trim 5mm off plastic where phone holder arms swing out do both sides
works perfectly has a grip like a vice due to the thickness of the shield so it won't fall out, use the usb port on bottom of remote to connect see pics

P.S iPad mini fits without need for trimming but no hdmi out so no goggles

Hi, what glasses are those?

Off topic:
How does the K1 work with the Mavic. (Nice work by the way !!)

Exactly the same as a iPhone/ipad (i have tried iPhone 6 plus and iPad mini so far )
but since it has hdmi you can mirror the go app to hdmi goggles
nvidia shield K1 £150 from amazon, cinemizers £350 on ebay

Many thanks for a very efficient solution!

Nvidia Shield K1

Pics moved to here
Nvidia Shield K1 advice

Reactions: serene Delusions
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan