DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HOOVER

You might consider using the Hover setting if you were in doors :

The problems is forgetting that you have it set for hover if you fly outside , thank fully the RTH will over ride that setting if the battery gets to low.

If you were to loose signal in the building this is where the hover will come into play, but if the battery hits a critical mark I think the Failure RTH forces it to land.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain.

The most certain answer is to test it.
I would have sworn that a Mavic Mini, set to hover at loss of signal, would hover until the battery was depleted then it would land WHERE IT WAS. Someone here questioned that and I tested it. Boy did I get a shock, once the battery got low enough it stopped hovering and RTH'd.

PS you might want to change "HOOVER" to hover before some one starts with good natured vacuuming jokes.

Last edited by a moderator:
In Hoover mode, the drone vacuums up all the pollutants in the air around it, assisting in slowing down Climate Change for those wanting to save the planet. It's the politically correct setting. However, it will land directly below the air it vacuums when it runs out of battery, so be careful where you Hoover! :D

You might consider using the Hover setting if you were in doors :

The problems is forgetting that you have it set for hover if you fly outside , thank fully the RTH will over ride that setting if the battery gets to low.

If you were to loose signal in the building this is where the hover will come into play, but if the battery hits a critical mark I think the Failure RTH forces it to land.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain.
Ok, I flew from my boat when I misjudged the battery life and then the drone flew in the direction of land despite the HOOVER setting. Is there a possibility that it can stay in the air and manually land it in the boat?
How do I know where it lands if it is set to GO TO HOMEPOINT even though it is set to HOOVER?

The Hover/land/RTH setting only applies to signal loss, not the other scenarios. On some of the models you can disable the low battery RTH separately.

Ok, I flew from my boat when I misjudged the battery life and then the drone flew in the direction of land despite the HOOVER setting. Is there a possibility that it can stay in the air and manually land it in the boat?
How do I know where it lands if it is set to GO TO HOMEPOINT even though it is set to HOOVER?

With a GPS enabled device, you can change the HP in the app to your current location.

In the app under one the menus, there's an option to change the HP by dragging the map around to your current position and resetting the HP.

Please note, this is not a follow me feature and must be updated periodically as you move to ensure a closer HP and not the original spot from which you launched.

Good luck. ?

Ok, but if I then set HOOVER and get a message low battery level, where does the drone fly if I have not set any new home point?
The scenario I think is if I am in the boat moving?

Ok, but if I then set HOOVER
Hoover
i-WWqxs9z-S.jpg

Hover
i-pKHmwBr-S.jpg

Ok, but if I then set HOVER and get a message low battery level, where does the drone fly if I have not set any new home point?
It would go to the homepoint that the drone recorded soon after you powered it on.
That's why you would want to bring the drone back where you want it before getting to low battery RTH level

Thanks for all the tips, now I understand. I have asked the question to Dji support but they do not seem to understand what I mean or do not want to understand. I have received a proposal to send in the drone for repair, update and they have sent pictures of the manual.:(

Ok, but if I then set HOOVER and get a message low battery level, where does the drone fly if I have not set any new home point?
to the recorded home point, this is one of the dangers of flying whilst you yourself move.
As your movment progresses you may need to update the home point to the controller's position from time to time and for this the screen device's GPS will need to be active.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I have only flown and gotten to the 2nd CRITICAL BATTERY WARNING and landing was starting (once or twice) - the drone was home and landing near me; you the pilot do still have some control during the landing process, albeit not for long - thus allowing for some slight changes in position. Pushing up on the left stick will help it gain some attitude, how much I do not know and then the right joystick can be used to help move it horizontally.

Yet, if you reach that last CRITICAL BATTERY WARNING - time is not on your side and then the drone may / will simply drop from the sky. Again, never got it to this point and hope I never do.

to the recorded home point, this is one of the dangers of flying and moving yourself.
As your movment progresses you may need to update the home point to the controller's position from time to time and this will need the screen device's GPS to be active.
Ok, I miss the GO TO CONTROLLER as I had in my Spark:rolleyes:

Ok, I miss the GO TO CONTROLLER as I had in my Spark:rolleyes:
I can set the homepoint to the controller's position with my Mavic Mini, which uses the fly app. It would be disappointing if this facility has been removed from later versions of the fly app.

Funny thing about vacuum cleaner companies and the honesty in advertising...

"Our products SUCK!"

And they make $$$. ?

Get the PhantomRain rescue jacket if flying over water. At least you can retreave it no matter where it lands. RTH or hoover. ? good luck

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stokdgenetics