DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Horizon tilt....me or the gimble?

Horizon tilt is a known issue and from what I've read they will fix/replace it. Whether it's covered by warranty or what have you, I don't know.

I'm on my 3rd Mavic 2 Pro and this is the first one that has the issue. Funny enough, I was given a whole new drone and remote under warranty when I sent in my remote because the wire inside of the antenna broke due to normal wear and tear from opening and closing. I was going to just send in the remote, but decided to send both in for them to check out.

I wish I would have sent in just the remote.

The horizon is VERY tilted whenever roll is given. So unless I'm flying perfectly straight forward or backwards, the horizon is never level. It always tilts to the same side regardless of left or right roll being given to the aircraft.

After roll input is stopped, either because momentum is stopped or I fly straight or backward only, the horizon settles itself in a few seconds.

It's bad enough that it makes filming video, or non stationary photos, impossible. At least to any degree of professionalism.

I do plan on contacting DJI about a replacement.

Another factor to consider is if you take off from a slope as opposed to flat ground, the horizon often has an offset for that flight that needs to be nullified via the adjust gimbal roll menu.
It *should* adjust for wind assuming its a constant strength and direction.
As long as your I’m calibration is done on a flat level surface it does not matter if you take off on a slop the drone and gimbal will be level some cheaper drone set the I’ma up on startup that’s why they fly at angel when you take off on a slip.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito