DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hot Motors!

KiterTodd

Reactions
Those motors get hot to the touch! Not burning, but I don't recall ever noticing this heat on my MavicPro. As I was packing it up the M2P after flights I assumed it was heat from the fuselage I was feeling, but then noticed it was each of the motors. Hot to the touch.

Why do you think the new motors run hotter?

(I don't think this is a problem. From working with electronics, the temp seems well below a stress issue.)

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Those motors get hot to the touch! Not burning, but I don't recall ever noticing this heat on my MavicPro. As I was packing it up the M2P after flights I assumed it was heat from the fuselage I was feeling, but then noticed it was each of the motors. Hot to the touch.

(I don't think this is a problem. From working with electronics, the temp seems well below a stress issue.)
If your worried you can buy a inferred Thermarator, I use that in very hot weather to check temperature of the aircraft. And, use it to check in extremely cold weather as well.

The front 2 motors of Mavic 2 Pro are definitely hot. Much hotter than the old mavic, and way too hot than my racing drone :D
You're right! I noticed that tonight. The front motors a significantly warmer than the rear motors.

I wonder if that shows a balance point issue with the drone. Front props are working harder to keep their end up.

Or, is it normal that the front props work harder?

Ok , here is my measurements : i also noticed hot motors , if you see on dron from top FL- 44.5 C , FR- 43 C , RL-29.9 C , RR-33.5 C , so rear left the coldest one , drone by itself around 39-40.2 Celcious .

Interesting, I noted the same on my MP.....Front motors are warmer than the rear. Some on in this chain mentioned the front motors may be working harder than the rear motors due to a balance issue. I have not tried it yet, but has anyone located the CG of the Mavic?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev