DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hourly Rate

BigA107,you understand the difference. I am also involved in EMCOMM through OES with amateur radio. No drones being used yet here, but I can certainly see the need working with Fire, Police and Rescue.

I had done some commercial work which for the most part required little to no post production. So a flat rate was a perfect option as we all knew the cost. Recently I was asked to do some rural imagery which did require some post including merging a slideshow with short video and some text injection. I also upgraded my Vimeo account to pro so I could further use embedded code and customizations in this work. Needless to say I will maybe break even on this job or take a small loss however the client loved the work and already indicated more is on the way. Sometimes you do have to take it on the chin but in the long run it will pay off. As far as rates I do not charge by the hour I bid every job at a flat rate. I have enough experience to know approximately how long and how much work each job will take and most clients like fixed costs. I doubt you will get any definitive answers on what to charge, you will have to determine that on your own.

I'm currently looking into the world of pricing drone services, and have found how complicated it is. A client I'm currently working with is looking for 10 photos and 30 seconds of video. Should I charge for these on top of my hourly rate, or are the photos and videos expected to be included in my hourly rate? I'm thinking these should be an additional cost but wanted to hear what other people though. Thanks for the help!
$250/hour for 15 photos, short video is another $150 on top.

Is there a min time @that rate. What happens in circumstances where the 15 photos can be shot in 15mins?
It's $250/hr, whether it's five minutes or 60 minutes. It covers business expenses, not the actual time in the air. Mileage out of my county is based on the IRS rate. Traveling over 30 minutes also includes time to drive to the location.

Reactions: anotherlab
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll