DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HOUSTON-AREA CLUBS — WHERE Y'ALL AT?

BLITZzzz

Reactions

Hello all! I'm learning to fly drones for my work. Are there any Houston-area meet-ups or clubs? I learn better in person. I appreciate your time! 🛸

I did training when I lived in TX but moved 2019. I don't know of anyone else but will keep my eyes open for you.

Reactions: BLITZzzz
I did training when I lived in TX but moved 2019. I don't know of anyone else but will keep my eyes open for you.
Hey! I really appreciate that, my friend! If I could find a shop that builds drones, ore a club — that'd be better than nothing! LOL

I live on the other side of Houston from you (Pearland) and have been flying for some time now. I m a recreational flyer at this time but have used my drone for work, I just couldn't bill my office for drone services. What are you flying? I pride myself on being on the lagging edge of technology and still fly a M1P.

I too wish there was a meet up group locally.

I live on the other side of Houston from you (Pearland) and have been flying for some time now. I m a recreational flyer at this time but have used my drone for work, I just couldn't bill my office for drone services. What are you flying? I pride myself on being on the lagging edge of technology and still fly a M1P.

I too wish there was a meet up group locally.
My first drone was a VT Phoenix, and I only flew it six times before it was too damaged to continue. I ordered my second drone from the same place (through a work rewards program) and only flew that one six times before I lost it over a tree line — possibly dropped it into Spring Creek — which bums me out because I had good footage on the video card in that one. My current drone is an IDEA 12 Pro by Morly. So far it's been the easiest to fly. Smaller, weighs less, etc... My crashes with this one are far fewer, and it's fun! I've been looking at the DJI AVATA 2, which appears to be very intuitive. I think my issue with piloting is that I don't play video games, so the 2 joysticks, various buttons, and all the data readouts confuse me. I've also been practicing alone, so a spotter would help me out a lot. When I look down to check the data or wipe the sweat from my eyes — sometimes the drone may get caught by a breeze and move off a little.

If I find a local club/gathering, I'll ping you.

My first drone was a VT Phoenix, and I only flew it six times before it was too damaged to continue. I ordered my second drone from the same place (through a work rewards program) and only flew that one six times before I lost it over a tree line — possibly dropped it into Spring Creek — which bums me out because I had good footage on the video card in that one. My current drone is an IDEA 12 Pro by Morly. So far it's been the easiest to fly. Smaller, weighs less, etc... My crashes with this one are far fewer, and it's fun! I've been looking at the DJI AVATA 2, which appears to be very intuitive. I think my issue with piloting is that I don't play video games, so the 2 joysticks, various buttons, and all the data readouts confuse me. I've also been practicing alone, so a spotter would help me out a lot. When I look down to check the data or wipe the sweat from my eyes — sometimes the drone may get caught by breeze and move off a little.

If I find a local club/gathering, I'll ping you.
please do. I cut my teeth on a few skyvipers. I bought a Mavic 1 Pro and never looked back. Easy to fly and has return to home. I have had it out almost 2 miles and then just hit RTH and lo and behold in a few minutes it is landing within 1 foot of where it took off. I also have after market software from NLD on it. My house is about 100 yards inside a no fly zone and depending on the wind it wouldnt even power up. Now i have eliminated the NFZ's . i still need to be smart and not fly in commercial air spaces (which i admit i did once as it also eliminates altitude restrictions and to try it out i flew to 2600 feet up). You can still find M1P's used for under $500. I recommend it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erintse