DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hovering before landing--why?

alkaye

Reactions
This seems odd, but recently my MA2 hovers about one foot above the landig point for about a minute before it lands even tho I have my left stick all the way down. Is that normal? It happens with a landing pad or without

Yes if you were landing on the water , that gives you a chance to redeem your flight.

You can always make your landing quicker if you just use the stick up and down with better timing and land quicker.
The Mini 2 is the fastest of all the drones to land and thus the one most common to landing in the water.

So its normal and a safe guard for your drone.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your AIR 2 in the Rain and land on the Water.

Yes it is normal, nothing to be concerned about. If it was Phantomrains’ drone it would be telling him that she wasn’t happy with the landing point. ?

• Haha
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
This seems odd, but recently my MA2 hovers about one foot above the landig point for about a minute before it lands even tho I have my left stick all the way down. Is that normal? It happens with a landing pad or without
If you have the left stick down, no, it does not seem normal for your Air 2 to hover for as long as a minute before landing. Mine will set down promptly - 5 seconds max in the last few feet. Check all of your Control settings, including the activated sensors, and adhere to DJI’s take off procedures. The landing - off manual or via RTH auto - should run smoothly and certainly not be held for such a lengthy delay. Worth checking further. ????

One minute is really excessive. Is it the same landing spot? Bottom sensor's dirty?

Reactions: maggior
@alkaye when this happens is the area well lit ,also check to see if landing protection is on in the app settings ,there have been a lot of app updates and some firmware updates lately for the fly app and the new drones that use it , could be some of your setting have changed due to this ,if doing a firmware update, its good practice to note down your preferred settings ,and then check them after the update ,as they can change during the update process

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Just to clarify if your in the air at 200 ft and pull the stick down one time and let it come down it will not land as fast to the ground where as if you have a Second stick movement after it comes down , it is much more likely to trigger the drone to land quicker.

We have found that the Second movement triggers the drone to land faster ,

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremy Green