DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hovering problems no stability

Reactions
Hi. I crashed and then repaired my MP weeks ago. I tried a test and it was a surprise because it hadn't stability, I mean I turned it on, I got it up but it didn't stay stable, it kept getting high (slow rate but no stop), same situation if I tried to get it down... Then I calibrated by Dji assistant through my laptop, calibrated imu, then calibrated compass and the failure still continued... Maybe it need to be full calibrated (same calibrations I did before plus, RC calibration, sensors and update firmware).... Any suggestions??? I would appreciate it. Thanks a lit

it kept getting high (slow rate but no stop), same situation if I tried to get it down
Does that stop if you disable the Landing Protection setting in DJI GO? If so, then something is probably triggering the sensors on the bottom of your Mavic (or those sensors could be damaged).

Does that stop if you disable the Landing Protection setting in DJI GO? If so, then something is probably triggering the sensors on the bottom of your Mavic (or those sensors could be damaged).
I thought the same but will that explain why the same happens its coming down.?

why the same happens its coming down.?
If the downward sensors are triggered and the Mavic is not in forced landing mode, it will slowly ascend to get away from the ground (or what it thinks is the ground below). That could happen when the Mavic is descending, ascending, or hovering in place.

Maybe this thing is the cause of the problem?
Yes, that is likely what is causing the problem. Either remove it (and see if the problem goes away) or disable the Landing Protection setting in DJI GO if you'd prefer to keep it installed.

If you decide to disable the Landing Protection setting, keep in mind that you'll have full control of your Mavic until it lands on the ground. So, you wouldn't want to do something like attempt to land with the throttle in the full down position.

Yes, that is likely what is causing the problem. Either remove it (and see if the problem goes away) or disable the Landing Protection setting in DJI GO if you'd prefer to keep it installed.

If you decide to disable the Landing Protection setting, keep in mind that you'll have full control of your Mavic until it lands on the ground. So, you wouldn't want to do something like attempt to land with the throttle in the full down position.
Thank you so much

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO