DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How About A Battery Level Warning Epson Folks

ChazzMonkey

Reactions
Here's an idea for the next firmware update. A low battery charge warning or a simole way to monitor battery level without getting out of DJI Go4.

I was doing a point of interest using the Bt-300s. All was going fine until the glasses suddenly went dark. The RC was unresponsive. The bird was hovering 20 feet off the ground. I hit the power button on the glasses and all I saw was a battery icon filling the screen with a thin red line at the bottom.

Luckily I was near the house, I ran in and grabbed my iPhone and connecting wire. Fumbling around I finally got back outside with iPhone connected to find the Bird flying off out of LOS, presumably on an emergency RTH due to low battery. Only problem was it had flown up and out of sight away from the RTH location ( I guess to the 30 meter RTH height) I was able to gain stick control and manually return and land. This could have been a disaster, I live near a huge lake. I often fly in semi-wilderness and a half-mile emergency landing could be the end of my Mavic.

One thing is, I used a USB cable that transmits only data not power because the Glasses seemed to be draining the RC. HOWEVER I had just checked it the same day and it seemed to be charging off the RC in spite of the cable (Could have been wrong cable, but why would it lose power since the RC still had >80% charge.

How about a warning when the glasses are low on pwer? This can not be hard as the battery is constaly monitored.

Most battery monitor apps that I've seen have a notification feature that will alert you to low battery levels.

Here's an idea for the next firmware update. A low battery charge warning or a simole way to monitor battery level without getting out of DJI Go4.

I was doing a point of interest using the Bt-300s. All was going fine until the glasses suddenly went dark. The RC was unresponsive. The bird was hovering 20 feet off the ground. I hit the power button on the glasses and all I saw was a battery icon filling the screen with a thin red line at the bottom.

Luckily I was near the house, I ran in and grabbed my iPhone and connecting wire. Fumbling around I finally got back outside with iPhone connected to find the Bird flying off out of LOS, presumably on an emergency RTH due to low battery. Only problem was it had flown up and out of sight away from the RTH location ( I guess to the 30 meter RTH height) I was able to gain stick control and manually return and land. This could have been a disaster, I live near a huge lake. I often fly in semi-wilderness and a half-mile emergency landing could be the end of my Mavic.

One thing is, I used a USB cable that transmits only data not power because the Glasses seemed to be draining the RC. HOWEVER I had just checked it the same day and it seemed to be charging off the RC in spite of the cable (Could have been wrong cable, but why would it lose power since the RC still had >80% charge.

How about a warning when the glasses are low on pwer? This can not be hard as the battery is constaly monitored.

Hey Chazz,

Yes, that would be a great enhancement, and Epson is working on a battery life monitoring solution. We hope to have more details soon. Stay tuned!

Reactions: ChazzMonkey

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones