DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How and where do you store your Mavic?

I keep Mavic, 4 batteries, MavMount, Nexus 7 tablet, chargers and all my other goodies in one of these, with the landing pad strapped to the back:
81yICX%2BG0iL._SL1500_.jpg

This is a great bag and only $60 at the moment ($10 cheaper than the smaller version!).
Amazon.com : Lowepro Slingshot Edge 250 AW - A Secure, Slim, Smart and Protective Sling for a Compact DSLR or DJI Mavic Pro : Camera & Photo

Here's a pretty in-depth video review from a Mavic owner:

Last edited:
Reactions: Wersh
Just curious on how you guys store your Mavic when not in use and if you take any precautions on where you store it. Reason I ask is because I've read so many posts about compass issues, drifting, compass errors/interference, etc., and I myself am facing such issues. I'm wondering if having the Mavic near anything that could cause magnetic interference would screw with the compass the next time it's powered on and flown.

My Mavic is stored inside a DSLR backpack. If you look at how it's sitting there, the power strip and cables are right next to the backpack and there is my PC right next to it as well. There is also a router/modem about 5ft away on top of a shelving unit. On top of my desk are also a set of studio monitors which definitely have magnets in them as far as I know. I know it seems like such an obvious question but I hope to get some input/advice on this -- is my Mavic just simply surrounded by way too many magnetic sources which could be causing my drift issues?
Keep mine in DJI sleeve with dry pack, oriented 'feet first' next to my bed as I sleep... flying if its not there.

f3473c1bc529693272dcfadfb67b4c86.jpg

I finally found a backpack that will hold & protect my Nikon, Hero 5, Mavic & related equipment. It is called "AmazonBasics". I use it for storage & in the field.

Reactions: -=KamaL=-
By the back door ready to fly. I fly alot to check on local deer. (Within 1.5 miles.)

I for one re-calibrate the compass on my mavic every time I fly the **** thing. But that's just me. Many people on here will say you should only do it once and whatnot. I mean, it only takes like 20 seconds to do it... :rolleyes:

I do that too.

I use the lowepro 350aw tactical backpack. Looks pretty cool

Just curious on how you guys store your Mavic when not in use and if you take any precautions on where you store it. Reason I ask is because I've read so many posts about compass issues, drifting, compass errors/interference, etc., and I myself am facing such issues. I'm wondering if having the Mavic near anything that could cause magnetic interference would screw with the compass the next time it's powered on and flown.

My Mavic is stored inside a DSLR backpack. If you look at how it's sitting there, the power strip and cables are right next to the backpack and there is my PC right next to it as well. There is also a router/modem about 5ft away on top of a shelving unit. On top of my desk are also a set of studio monitors which definitely have magnets in them as far as I know. I know it seems like such an obvious question but I hope to get some input/advice on this -- is my Mavic just simply surrounded by way too many magnetic sources which could be causing my drift issues?
I store my mavic firstly in his flymore combo bag that I store itself in a 30+yo Sony Hi8 Hard case where I can fit all his accessories.

I use thinktank perception pro for my mavic+remote+1 spare battery+landing pad along with my Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II+3 fixed lens (17mm f1.8, 25mm f1.8 and 45mm f1.8)+12-50mm+2 spare camera battery. I also bring the camera charger, the mavic charger+advanced hub on my thinktank bag

IMG_1276.JPG My Mavic FlyMore is stored and transported in a GoProfessional Case which provides me with a high comfort level.

IMG_1275.JPG

Although, since this photo was taken I've added a fifth Battery in the case.

That looks sooo heavy. I bought same as @Dahveed (comment #9). I entirely satisfied, it's great for trekking or when you already have a bag wfor the activity you go out to do.

Reactions: Dahveed
I use the bag that came with the Fly More bundle, I get to pack the drone and 3 batteries (one of which is in the drone), RC, spare cables, battery to power bank converter, some adapters and a thin box with ND filters. Any other bag would be too conspicuous. I remember the time with DJI Phantom 3 Pro backpack...it was screaming DRONE INSIDE! :)

dji-mavic-soft-case
Regarding cases, to each their own. For me, the whole point of the Mavic was so I could stop dedicating an entire suitcase/backpack to my Phantom 4. For that reason this IMO is the best case on the market. It's from Polar Pro

Attachments

• IMG_3954.jpg
    IMG_3954.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 40
I for one re-calibrate the compass on my mavic every time I fly the **** thing. But that's just me. Many people on here will say you should only do it once and whatnot. I mean, it only takes like 20 seconds to do it... :rolleyes:

I do it too hehehe

Reactions: jgordon0708
I store mine sometimes on the table fully opened up. But most times its in my Crumpler Karachi Outpost bag along with my DSLR.

I usually store mine in the shoulder bag that came with the flymore combo. But I also bought an EVA case which definitely seem to be a better choice especially in keeping the controller in a safe position without being squished like with the bag provided. Otherwise sometimes I just leave it on my work desk. Which probably is the reason why I can't seem to concentrate on my work

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mandeh