DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How are battery "charges" accounted for?

Bob in Savannah

Masters Patron
Reactions
Site
instagram.com
Exactly what ir says.
I normally don't discharge while flying any less than about 55% or so before I'm swapping batteries and recharging...

Is this healthy? Should I discharge longer? What's the current Therory on Mavic Pro battery usage/maintenance /health????

No. I understand that. I'm wondering more about the health care of the batteries... By Not discharging like you are, to only 50% or so, does that count as a total charge on the DJI app or asstant2?

And should I do something different to help the health of the batteries??

20% for me then cool them off before recharging, I've been doing this for almost two years and my batteries are all still healthy.

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
No. I understand that. I'm wondering more about the health care of the batteries... By Not discharging like you are, to only 50% or so, does that count as a total charge on the DJI app or asstant2?

And should I do something different to help the health of the batteries??
That's what I mean. Normal use of flight time probably won't increase the life of the battery much. If you constantly went to 0%, maybe that would shorten it's life some, but even then the voltage is above level that is considered risky.

As for what counts as a charge cycle, not sure.

To figure out the answer to the question if 50 percent recharge from a 50 percent depelted battery counts as a recharge. Go into the app and take a look at the number of battery recharges on a given battery.

Then go out and fly that battery down 50 percent. Then recharge it and insert it in the drone. Check the app again for number of recharges. Does it increment by 1? If yes then that answers the question. If not , you know the answer as well. Post results. :)

Discharging to 50 percent is done for the first 10 or 20 flights in order to "condition" the battery. Some swear by this "break in" procedure. Others dont consider it worth doing. Your call.

My understanding is that, from an electrical prospective, a "cycle" is a charge from 0% to 100%. So if you fly one battery down to 50% twice, charging back to 100% after each use, that's one cycle in normal human terms.

I also just fly down to 50%. It counts it as 1 cycle when i charge it back up to 100%. I have 64 charges on 3 batteries, so that gives me 192 flights, devided by 50%. So the batteries actually only have 32 fully depleted cycles on them. Am i correct in this way of thinking ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DvrkDrone