DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How DJI keeps it's prices low relative to such a high quality product..

Let every one know what you think, after you have read the two articles in their entirety.
Thanks for the sources.
I hadn't heard anything of this and wanted to stay up to date.
My assessment ... maybe DJI is considering an IPO and maybe they aren't.
Or they have and decided not to , or not to yet.
The information available is old and sketchy.
Nothing definite and nothing from DJI.

Reactions: dirkclod
Thanks for the sources.
I hadn't heard anything of this and wanted to stay up to date.
My assessment ... maybe DJI is considering an IPO and maybe they aren't.
Or they have and decided not to , or not to yet.
The information available is old and sketchy.
Nothing definite and nothing from DJI.
We can only hope and dream.

Have you ever tried to service or buy a battery for your drone? That's how DJI makes their money.

From TORRE CAPITAL: "High Volume and Low Price Point Strategy: the firm aims for profit margins in the low single digits to ensure competitors cannot offer a similar drone at a lower price point. The fruit of the company’s early start and commitment to cost control show in their manufacturing prowess. DJI consumer-level quadcopters have been outperforming their competitors in terms of drone size, stability, image quality, and battery life since the release of its Mavic pro series in 2016."

Because they have such a huge market share around 70%. They are willing to make only a small profit off their drones compared to other manufacturers. I believe if they didn't have a hold on such a huge chunk of the market, they wouldn't be able to under cut their competitors.
Where can we buy high quality product from DJI?

Mavic Pro - gimbal errors, swollen batteries
Spark - falling from sky - batt firmware error
Mavic Air - swollen batteries, controller stick errors
Mavic 2 - total fail batteries
Mini 1 - fly away - fw errors
Air 2 - cracking body, esc errors - falling from sky
Mini 2 - battery discharge problem, bad gimbal horizont (thanks to Mini 1, there is no huge fail)
Air 2S - attack on subject while in activetrack

Reactions: cgmaxed
I don't write that there are high quaility products. I just write, that DJI is far away from quality. And don't forget, that after sale service is good. No props, no batteries and spare parts??? Mavic Pro is dead, Spark, Air all of them are artificially dead. Are avaiable props for Air2S, for actual model? No???

I just write, that DJI is far away from quality.
Now you just have to explain why DJI has and continues to hold a 75% market share.
My main working DJI drone is almost 5 years and has been given faultless service for >4000 miles flight, mostly in hostile environments.
And my experience is not unusual.

Now you just have to explain why DJI has and continues to hold a 75% market share.
My main working DJI drone is almost 5 years and has been given faultless service for >4000 miles flight, mostly in hostile environments.
And my experience is not unusual.
"We shall sell no wine before it's time"

I don't write that there are high quaility products. I just write, that DJI is far away from quality.
You mean like your cell phone, TV, computer, computer software or even your vehicle? They all have glitches and you'd find in most (in the case of electronics) it's just cheaper to replace them then try to fix them (if you can get parts). Yes, cars / trucks generally have replacement parts available but then your drone won't kill you when the brakes or steering fail, roof panels fly off, engines stall on the highway, seat belts that don't belt, etc. all due to design defects.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty