DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do I find other drone pilots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well with a Mavic 3 you can just switch to explorer mode and follow the drone with the zoom. As any aviation related thing, altitude gives you advantage, so if you are higher than the drone you are following it'll be quite easy.

If not, the easiest thing is just fly on a nearby public location and they'll end up appearing to chat, but expect some Karens too.

On the other hand, unless made on purpose, crashing in a three-dimensional space is not like crashing on the ground, specially drones, which are quite small. Even if you want to intercept a drone just a 30cm difference in altitude, and they won't touch.

Imagine two little RC boats crashing on the immensity of the sea... then add a third dimension.

Of course the chance of a mid-air crash is still there, but in general there's no problem with flying with more drones in the same area apart from some unintended signal interference from time to time.

PS: Drone pilots usually share photos/videos of on social media, you will find most of them just by searching on Youtube, Instagram or Facebook, just search for "drone" + "the name of your town", #drone, #DJI, etc.

Last edited:
Tie a sign to your drone that says "Follow Me". I'm sure in Baltimore they would be more than happy to do so.
That's not how that works

Kywon, I find it easier and much safer to form friendships online rather than in the air. mavic pilots.com is the best resource for all of us to share whatever we want from photography to travel experiences around the world. Some members have hooked up on the ground with some efforts, but, the majority of us live quite a vicarious life through our members offerings…again, photography or travel experiences.

If I were to experience another drone in my area LOS…I’m down immediately, no questions asked.
1.) I don’t know it’s intentions 2.) I don’t need a $100 drone colliding with a $2000 drone with the results being dangerous and who knows what else in this litigious fixatious world.

Meet your friends on the ground first…PLEASE…for all of our sake. 👍

Reactions: Rchawks
Why am I not on the members map?
is your address part of your profile? If you disclose your address someone would be able to check the map. Your map location may not be were you think it should be; it could be miles off.

The fact that I do remember what it’s like at 17. If it weren’t for someone educating me of what’s legal and not. who knows which way I would have gone. It really doesn’t matter what age he is… rules still apply. Law still applies. Ethics still applies…. Consideration of others still applies. Hovering near without prior knowledge and buzzing is the same thing. Besides all that, if I had a drone target me for "friendship" I would view it as an invasion of privacy. Some here would defend that, but that's how I would feel If a drone flew above me, first Id think it was for photography or videography. If it made signals, then I would get pissed
Not quite the friendly response I would expect from a member of this knowledgeable forum, he's young and learning as we all have had to do at sometime Mark

This thread has run its course.

1659110118168.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty