DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do you factory reset mini 1?

Drony_Drone

Reactions
How do you factory reset mini 1? I want to make sure none of my data, email, flight history etc isn't available once I sell it. I use it with an iPhone if makes a difference

I also want to keep flight history etc if possible for when I get mini 2, is this possible?

thanks

Everything is on your mobile device/account, so as long as you keep that you have your stuff and the buyer won't.

There will be flight logs on the aircraft but they're not user-readable and there's nothing you can do about it anyway.

Everything is on your mobile device/account, so as long as you keep that you have your stuff and the buyer won't.

There will be flight logs on the aircraft but they're not user-readable and there's nothing you can do about it anyway.
Ah ok, thanks. So I basically don't do anything? that's surprising. I understand most is on my iPhone, but I thought I would have to unlink/unbind or something.

So I literally just pack it up as it is now?
thanks

You can "remove device from your account" in the app's profile section but yeah that's about it.

You can "remove device from your account" in the app's profile section but yeah that's about it.
I’m really nervous that you can’t do something a bit more secure.

So I’m going to have to switch on the mini to see it as well as if you goto DJI fly app when nothing switched on it shows nothing.

Actually...

The Fly app does record logs on your phone or tablet. But, unlike other DJI aircraft that have their own inaccessible internal storage for recording aircraft flight logs, the aircraft flight logs on the Mini 1 are recorded on the same removable microSD card on which the Mini's videos are recorded.

Read this thread from a couple of years ago.
mavicpilots.com/threads/logs-inside-the-sd-card-i-want-to-know.91756/

I haven't checked in a while whether those aircraft logs are still user-readable, or whether recent firmware upgrades might have changed that. Regardless, if you're worried about giving away sensitive data stored in your aircraft logs, all you need to do is remove your microSD card on which those logs are stored.

If you have multiple devices all tied to your account, it doesn't even show anything across devices unless you go the cloud sync route. But then they become inaccessible to 3rd party programs, even though it stores a copy of flight records on your mobile device?

Actually...

The Fly app does record logs on your phone or tablet. But, unlike other DJI aircraft that have their own inaccessible internal storage for recording aircraft flight logs, the aircraft flight logs on the Mini 1 are recorded on the same removable microSD card on which the Mini's videos are recorded.

Read this thread from a couple of years ago.
mavicpilots.com/threads/logs-inside-the-sd-card-i-want-to-know.91756/

I haven't checked in a while whether those aircraft logs are still user-readable, or whether recent firmware upgrades might have changed that. Regardless, if you're worried about giving away sensitive data stored in your aircraft logs, all you need to do is remove your microSD card on which those logs are stored.
I'll have to look at that again. Don't remember logs being stored on either the m1p or the mini external storage card.

So it looks like the mini 1 can’t be factory reset as such and isn’t tied to your account.

So it’s safe to just pack up and sell as is (minus the SD card) and next use can just add it as normal?

I won’t lose any flight history on my account or anything?

Seems the mini 2 is much better in this way that it’s linked/binded to your account for security etc?

Even DJI support don’t seem to know this as I asked on chat, and they told me as above to unlink/unbind it, even though I told them it doesn’t show up, only when switched on and then can’t do anything regarding unlink/unbind.

Thanks

If it's any consolation I sold a mini1 recently. All I did was sync all my flight logs, remove my SD card and my operator ID label. I still have all the mini1 logs accessible on my phone and even on my DJI RC, as both are logged in as me. The person who purchased the mini1 has logged in as themselves on their phone and only sees their flight logs. I don't see their logs as the flights were done through a device not logged in as me.

The only personal info on the drone and controller is what's on the removable SD card.

Reactions: Drony_Drone
If it's any consolation I sold a mini1 recently. All I did was sync all my flight logs, remove my SD card and my operator ID label. I still have all the mini1 logs accessible on my phone and even on my DJI RC, as both are logged in as me. The person who purchased the mini1 has logged in as themselves on their phone and only sees their flight logs. I don't see their logs as the flights were done through a device not logged in as me.

The only personal info on the drone and controller is what's on the removable SD card.
Good to hear thanks, so mini 1 and mini 2 have different ways that are factory reset/unlinked/unbinded. Wish DJI could give me this info as well…..

Out of interest was yours the fly more bundle? Where did you sell it? and how much for?

Thanks

Good to hear thanks, so mini 1 and mini 2 have different ways that are factory reset/unlinked/unbinded. Wish DJI could give me this info as well…..

Out of interest was yours the fly more bundle? Where did you sell it? and how much for?

Thanks
It was indeed the flymore bundle. I sold it direct to a friend of mine for £200. I could probably have got more on ebay or the like, and given a big chunk of the extra sale price to ebay for their fees.

I'd have expected the "wiping" process to be basically the same for the mini1 and mini2. All your personal data is stored on your phone or on the removable SD card, not on the drone itself or the controller.

Slightly different scenario for the mini3pro with the DJI RC. You'd need to "factory reset" the RC as that's logged in as you, contains not-yet-synced flight logs, and cache not on the SD card etc.

It was indeed the flymore bundle. I sold it direct to a friend of mine for £200. I could probably have got more on ebay or the like, and given a big chunk of the extra sale price to ebay for their fees
Decent price, I don’t want to sell on eBay either for fees, and buyer says doesn’t work, etc etc and becomes a lot of hassle.

CEX give about £140 and probably best way as they test and done in a day.

I'd have expected the "wiping" process to be basically the same for the mini1 and mini2. All your personal data is stored on your phone or on the removable SD card, not on the drone itself or the controller
No the mini 2 is bound/linked logged in via your account so I believe you have to unlink it to sell, as well as removed SD obviously.

No the mini 2 is bound/linked logged in via your account so I believe you have to unlink it to sell, as well as removed SD obviously.
That doesn't sound quite right. You don't "log in" to the drone itself. You log in to the app. When you fly that flight's log has the SN of the aircraft against it but there's nothing that "binds" the aircraft to you other than that. The aircraft is only bound to the controller, not your phone.

My mini1, that someone else owns now, still shows up in my flight logs, but only against the flights I did with it. As it was never bound to the app it can't be unbound. I'd be very surprised if the mini2 was different, as the mini3 behaves in the same way as the mini1. The only difference with the 3 is the RC contains the app too so if you sell the 3 with the DJI RC then you need to log out of the RC and reset it. It would be like selling your phone along with the mini1 and controller.

That doesn't sound quite right. You don't "log in" to the drone itself. You log in to the app. When you fly that flight's log has the SN of the aircraft against it but there's nothing that "binds" the aircraft to you other than that. The aircraft is only bound to the controller, not your phone
You do login to the app, but I’m led to believe that the drone is then bound/linked to your account.

If you log into the app there’s a message when you click through to device management and it shows an option to “remove device from account “

I presume this means the serial number and Mini 2 is linked to your account and then couldn’t be used with another account? This would be good for security.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair